Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Comments

• _GhostsInSnow_GhostsInSnow Legacy
    WOW I never realised you had so many pets xD
    They're all awesome.
    I love the newt :)
    And Rolo and Horatio are adorable. I've always wanted a Syrian. They look so cute ^_^
  • _NuttySian_NuttySian Legacy
    It's not too bad as we have a big garden so they get to do a lot out there too and Sheba and Gypsy can't go far as they have bad legs so we take them to hydro.
    With the grooming Sheba is the worst as she hates it. She's also the worst for needing it, she picks up bits of the garden like a magnet :lol:

All the hams are separate. I have tried to keep dwarves together before but I've never had any luck with it. It's weird as years ago we kept pairs and groups with no problems!
    We always joke that we should charge an entry fee :lol:
    There's a whole lotta love in this house! :) For the unusual and the normal.

Aragorn is fantastic, a lot of people think fish are just pretty things that swim around but he has a personality and can even be hand fed.
    It's the same with Gojira, she has such a temper on her sometimes too, it's how she got her name. I'd fed her but she was still hungry so she stomped around the tank then climbed her house and it instantly made me think of Godzilla!
  • _evilcitty_evilcitty Legacy
    You could SO charge an entry fee! I'd pay! :lol: I think you may also have a slight hammie addction!
  • _T-bear_T-bear Legacy
    Hay you got enough to take to senior homes and make some lonely people happy.
    or enough to open a mini zoo,

Wish my place was as big as yours it would be wall to wall critters just like yours
    I could have ratties, hammy's, gerbil's, farret's and tarantula's and others.
    Thought I'd best update this, sadly we've lost Rolo and Paploo :(

We have a newbie though, Narcissa a black mottled hybrid.

Sheba has been diagnosed with EPI and is on medication which is helping :)
    Deej had a hard lump appear on his chin which was starting to affect his eating so had it operated on yesterday, they've gotten most of it and he's recovering well. Just waiting for him to eat properly, obviously it's very sore for him at the moment!
  • _T-bear_T-bear Legacy
    Narcissa is a great addition, sorry you lost Rolo and Paploo may they fly remembering the love you all gave them RIP little ones.

I hope Deej and sheba keep improving and all goes well for a quick recovery for them both.
    Thanks all x

Deej is now 100% back to normal, he's putting weight back on and is eating everything he used to.

Sheba is still doing well too, the meds for her epi are definitely working well and the hydro is making her strong again - so much so that the other morning she went under Gypsy to get a biscuit and lifted her up! Sheba weighs 24kg and Gypsy is 35kg! :shock:
    Gypsy didn't know what to do :lol:
  • _GhostsInSnow_GhostsInSnow Legacy
    Haha after saying on here that i'd always wanted a Syrian, I got one a couple of days later :lol:

I'm really sorry for the loss of your two hams :hug: RIP Rolo and Paploo

I'm glad Deej and the dogs are on the mend. It's really horrible when they're ill so I'm glad they're getting better :)
    Well Deej is actually 95% back to normal as he tricked me into thinking he was mad for mealies again when he isn't! He is still eating well though and acting normal but sadly the lump is already growing back :(
  • _BusyMouse_BusyMouse Legacy
    On my phone I can only see the first 6 pics, must remember to look at this thread on a computer next!
    Well, although the lump is still growing and making the wound heal slowly, Deej is doing well. He's now up to 52g and had his last post op check on Monday. We've stopped the metacam but can start it again if he looks uncomfortable and will be carrying on with the baytril until it heals.

Sheba is also still putting weight on, she's up to 25kg which we're all ecstatic about.

And today... we adopted Cheerio from Crittery :D (And were very tempted to mouse, squirrel, gerbil and hedgehog nap :lol: )

Blurry phone pics for now, will try for better ones soon.

Deej died this morning :( He'd been doing great then suddenly went downhill, I think the stupid lump decided to grow inwards this time so it couldn't be stopped.

Cheerio is doing well, we finally managed to get some glipizide (for anyone who might ever need it - they don't make 2.5mg any more! Just 5mg and 10mg) but I'm keeping it as spare as so far the fenugreek seeds seem to be doing ok. His glucose has gone down a colour on the chart and although his ketones keep coming and going they haven't gotten worse. He's also put weight up and is 46g :)

Snow has a poorly eye that is possibly caused by a lump behind it, we have drops to see if they make any difference, and Bastian is a bit snuffly so is on baytril as a precaution (we've also changed his substrate in case it's a sudden allergy)

Thankfully everyone else is ok, but I wont say that too loud in case the buggers hear me and decide to play up!!

Edit - wait no, Fattina had sealed herself again but apart from that everyone else is ok lol.
    We've lost Aragorn :( He looked awful yesterday and died overnight. 11 years we've had him, he had so much personality for something too many people class as a throw away animal.

Cheerio is still doing well, twice now we've had 3 days in a row with no ketones :) They did come back stronger the other night and he's stopped eating the fenugreek so is now on the glipizde, but apart from that he's doing good. He's up to 50g now!

Bastian has been to the vets today, his snuffles did lessen but are now bad again, so we have septrin to try.

Snow's eye is slightly better, there's nothing else we can do except keep using the drops though so it looks like she's stuck with it.

And I've just realised Facebook has done something to mess up the photos in the first post, so I'll put the links to their albums there instead.
    The golden knight rises....
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200115545637438.202643.1414313641&type=1&l=72f58a4089

We have BATHAM! :lol:

Gorgeous overlooked Bruce came home with us today. He has a bit of excess weight under his arms that Mum called his bat wings so I had to call him Bruce lol.
  • _JennyS_JennyS Legacy
    Aww what a cutie :love: .. The name really does suit him, he does look like a Bruce :)
    Phew, all done!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v217/section8angel/Hamsters/

You should be able to see and look in the individual albums from there (on the right if you're on the old view, or on the left if you're on the new one)

Will edit my first post to add the other links in too :)
    Sadly little Narcissa passed away on Christmas Day. No idea why, she wasn't even 6 months old and had been totally fine :(

Cheerio has turned into a right monkey, when I first got him he had a mesh lid as well as mesh on the front and side of his tub so I hung one of those ladder things from it for him. He never used it and then I needed to swap him to a solid lid so it got take away, now he's decided he likes climbing his bars and things instead of just climbing us :lol: So will have to figure out a way to put it back in for him.

I have no idea what's going on with his diabetes, his ketones are insane, they come and go as they please! Last week he had 4 days of them being sky high then 4 days of them being low or not there at all. This week he's had a few days of low/none then 1 day of sky high then back to low/none!

He's totally fine in himself though so I've stopped being 100% worried, it's down to about 80% now :lol:

Old age has taken a hold of Sophia, she's very doddery now and although she's still eating it takes her longer. She still has the gusto to shout at me though so it's not her time just yet.
    I'm going to swap her and H around as she's hardly moving around now but he's still mental so it'll work out better.

Bastian is still making noises, we're now trying him on piriton and it has actually halved his symptoms which points us even more to an allergy, it's just working out what!

Had a big vet bill the other week courtesy of Gypsy. She had to go in for her 3rd deep ear cleaning and to have another lump removed. They sent off samples of both this time, the lump came back as benign and the ears came back as proteus bacteria so we have antibiotics to try. They're still waiting on a fungal sample.

Apart from that everyone is ok lol. Bruce is now in a tub though as he decided to chew his way out of the first cage!
  • _Chinaham_Chinaham Legacy
    They really earn their name as the nutty gang. I hope Gyps is finally on the mend. If Cheerio is well in himself, I would test less often since I adjust medications based on symptoms (in conjunction with testing) rather than testing alone now in confirmed diabetic hams. My little sweeties wave paws to your little sweetie.

Run free, little Narcissa x
    Quiet? What is this word you use? :lol:

Gyps cost me more this afternoon as she has another week of antibiotics, they do seem to be helping though so fingers crossed!

I had thought about cutting down Cheerio's testing but curiosity only made it last a few days :lol: Will try harder though :P

Sadly one of the finches is dying. With most of the rodents I get some hint as to what's wrong but these guys just puff up, move to the floor then pass :(
  • _T-bear_T-bear Legacy
    Sorry to hear that aragorn and Narcissa have gone on to the bridge.

Bruce what a cheeky chap he is boy that name fits him like a glove IMO.

Glad to know the others are coming along nicely and cheerio is doing graet.

And Gypsie is doing well on her meds.

My Grandma use to raise canary's and they are the worst at hiding when they are sick, so I guess that all birds would hide being ill.

Grandma took her birds to a vet every six months to have them checked cause she got tried of seeing her babies just puff up and fall over.

I hope the new year will be a good one for you and yours.
    He died this morning :( It was Vir, one that Dad bought me in Feb.
    I could have taken him to the vets yesterday but last time I did that with one the stress killed it. Will be asking if they have any bird experts though.
    The other finches are fine, thankfully I've never had anything that's taken more than one at a time. I'm back to an even number but the girls still outnumber the boys lol.
    I've never really noticed a problem with odd numbers or sexes though, they'll all huddle up when they need too.
    Talia is being a bit of a cow to Mariel (the girl I got at the same time as Vir) but she has always been a sod so I'm not too worried.

Bastian is now in the bad books, we wondered why he'd suddenly gotten bad again when the piriton had been working. Turns out although he pouched the treat with it on, when he got back into the cage he was taking them out and hiding them! So, I've cut it down to once a day and we're syringing it in, which he isn't liking but tough lol.
    Soph died last night :( She was trouble from the night I got her but her cheekiness will definitely be missed.
    I'm redoing it to try and fit everyone in.
  • _T-bear_T-bear Legacy
    Rest in peace Sophia.

so sorry your little one left you Sian.

How is the rest doing? fine I hope.
    Thanks all x

The rest are mostly ok thanks.
    H has a mass in his stomach which I'm pretty sure is a tumour as it's rock solid. Will be trying baytril though, but not an operation. They'd do it if I asked but he'll be 2 in April and isn't the friendliest guy so it wouldn't be fair on him or them! He's still himself at the moment which is good.

The piriton is definitely helping Bastian, we still don't know what he's allergic to though. He's had new food, new bedding and new toilet litter so we're going to have to start on the treats next.

Bruce has settled well and although he still panics a bit and has to go back into his tub for "pit stops" he's a lot more confident when out.

Cheerio and Meredith continue to be stable, I've fitted Cheerio's hanging ladder back in so he can monkey on that lol.

Snow is her usual lazy self, as is Tony. Berry and Asha have both finally gone into winter mode (slowing down a bit basically!) but still use their wheels like madhams.

Bianca and Tonks don't seem to have noticed a change, I thought it might be because Mum's room stays a bit warmer but Bastian is in there too and he's in winter mode.

The finches are good, a friend came over last week and said they look in great condition :)

Sam and Dean are also fine, they've beefed up a bit for winter even though their room is heated lol.

We only have 2 fish in the whole house now which is very odd, I might top my tank up tomorrow though. Mum's one is on his way out, he's a very old catfish though so we've been expecting it. We're going to gut and redo her tank before getting any more.

Snails are fine although Fattina keeps on and off sealing herself. Gojira is also fine and seems to have had a growth spurt :)

The dogs are good, Gypsy's ears finally seem to be under control! Hoping to get my money back from the insurance soon. She isn't back to hydro yet though so her legs are playing up a bit.
    Sheba is also a bit achey lately but still eating well and Jake and Sasha are as nutty as normal lol. It was Jake's 6th gotcha day last week :)

And finally, the mice are all good, there is a lot of squeaking going on lately from all 3 cages but no injuries have appeared.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v217/section8angel/Hamsters/Remus/

Oops... we were followed home by a cutie yesterday :lol:
    Ah, but he's a wereham that knows magic ;) :lol:
    Little monkey Cheerio died this morning :( I found him barely responsive so we kept him warm and syringed sugar water into him in case he was hypo but it didn't help.
    We're going to miss him very much, it will be odd not seeing him perch on Mum's shoulder while the tub is being cleaned.

I'm so glad Crittery let me adopt him, he wasn't with us for as long as I'd hoped but he was such fun to have.