Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

African Pygmy Mice

_Ceretrea_Ceretrea Legacy
edited April 2015 in Galleries
Our newest additions to the menagerie and my own personal project with Crittery.

Siamese and blues

Blue trio

Lilac Agouti's

Lilac Agouti
Tagged:

Comments

• _PresqueVu_PresqueVu Legacy
    I'm so impressed with the siamese, Rob's photos really didn't do it justice! It's quite exciting to finally have someone working with me on the APM - we'll probably be (frustratingly) learning things people have already worked out in the beginning, they just don't tend to share information easily.
    Yes I've seen the conversation - looks quite useful.

I've also seen mention of reds/cinammon (more vivid shade of agouti from what I can tell). Some people claim this doesn't exist though, and others that they've had/bred them so it could just be some variation in normal agouti/wild colouring?
  • _NuttySian_NuttySian Legacy
    Pretty teeny weeny meecers! :love: :love:
  • _Gill_Gill Legacy
    They are delightful - I particularly like the Siamese. Presumably, because of their size, they have to be kept in tanks?

Just out of interest, are they in any way related to multis (members of the gerbil family)? It's just that the faces are so similar.

Male multi:

Tanks/vivariums work best yes - really fine mesh can be okay, although I did do two layers so it overlapped partially as well! They need to be kept at a decent temperature as well so tanks/vivs are better for heat.

It's interesting you say that about Gill as someone on a fb group has been comparing their genetics to multis - I'm not sure they've given any basis for using that mind. Kat has been following it more than I have i think!
  • _Gill_Gill Legacy
    My first reaction to the photos was "Mini multis", followed by "Want, want, WANT". It's a good thing I live so far from you, otherwise I'd be begging for a pair, and, between the mice and the multis, I just don't have the space for another species.

Kat - if there are any firm conclusions about the genetics, would you be kind enough to inform me?
  • _T-bear_T-bear Legacy
    This is very interesting I thought that APM came in only in Agouti variations.

Didn't know they can come in blue or siamese phenotype.

Could you share their genotype? please.
  • _GhostsInSnow_GhostsInSnow Legacy
    OMG How gorgeous are they??!! :love:
This discussion has been closed.