Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Rufus Barney Fruitbat Swiftwaffle (Roborovski Dwarf Hamster)

We have a new robo :D He was bred by Vectis Hamstery and we collected him yesterday at the Cardiff hamster show. He's a lovely little guy and seems to have put a lot of effort into growing some nice big ears to hear us with, he's absolutely adorable and I'm really, really glad he's come to live with us :)

These pics are in his carrier, right before we moved him into his cage

Then I took a few pics as he explored his new cage, he didn't seem to mind but after a few minutes we left him alone to settle in

And lastly... Those ears! This pic isn't the best but its the only one that even comes close to showing his fantastic ears in all their glory

Comments

• _Gilbert_Gilbert Legacy
    :love: :love: :love: Awwww he is absolutely adorable. And I love those ears, they are special ears alright :kiss:
    All our hams have long names, it seems more fun to me and we find it easier to name them if we go off down the route of the long and bonkers names. Nut still has the title of longest named ham, but Dot the mouse has the longest full name of any of the pets. None of them seem to mind having big names :)

I'm glad you both like him, I was really looking forward to meeting him and am still really glad he's here now :D We decided to get another robo a few weeks ago and were lucky enough to reserve this little guy
    I'm glad everyone likes him :) I keep meaning to get more pics and do a proper update but its not happened yet lol

He's settling in well. He's found his way around everything in his cage and he's more confident than most robos we've owned before :) He's happy to sniff and come and watch us which is great. We will start handling him soon but have wanted to give him a few days to settle and get used to his new humans before we take badgering him even further. We have had him nearly a week now though so... He'll find himself progressing from just sniffing us soon whether he wants to or not :P
  • We got these pics of Rufus over the weekend :)

• No-one, he ran over for backup instead :P
  • _Nicky_Nicky Legacy
    Love him :love:
  • I'm glad you all liked the new photos :)
This discussion has been closed.