Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Query regarding my new mice sizes.

Hi people
Last week i acquired two female mice that had just finished weaning off their mother. I got them off a breeder and he checked the sexes thouroughly as i wanted two females. They were similar in size but nearly a week later one is double the size of the other one, hopefully you can see this in the picture i have attached. My question is......is this normal?.
The bigger mouse is always eating and very active while the other one mostly stays in her wee house. I owned a mouse before but never sisters, that's why i joined today to seek advice from friendly caring mouse owners. i handle both mice daily but only for a few seconds as they are still young. Ay help/advice on the size question would be most helpful.
kind regards
raggyman

Comments

• _PresqueVu_PresqueVu Legacy
    Hallo and welcome to the forum :wave:

Are they definately from the same litter? That size difference does seem quite extreme to me in all honesty, might be worth weighing them (kitchen scales, just in a plastic tub or similar you've subtracted the weight from). It could be that you've been given a runt, which may not bode well for her I'm afraid but hopefully you've just got a much younger one.
This discussion has been closed.