Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Upset tum!

Would Baytril be appropriate for a mouse with loose pale stools?....and if so , what would the dose be? First time have ever had any problems so would be grateful for advice.

Comments

• _PresqueVu_PresqueVu Legacy
    Hallo, and welcome to the forum :wave:

I don't think Baytril would be much use tbh, and dosage instructions can only be given by a qualified vet I'm afraid.

Have you heard of arrowroot? this is a good remedy for diarrhoea in mice - you can get arrowroot biscuits, or the powder which can be sprinkled on the food. Your supermarket should do something, or pharmacy is worth an ask if not.

Have you changed their mix recently, or given them any extra treats?
  • _ponsenberry_ponsenberry Legacy
    Thanks guys....normal function has resumed! Didn't have a chance to even try the arrowroot but as the problem had been going on for several days i was getting worried. I guess, as you suggested, it was just one of those mousy 'things'.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    Often runny poo is just that, like we get sometimes :) Sometimes it can be stress or something to do with diet. I tend to leave it unless it goes on for a little while and then we go to the vet.
This discussion has been closed.