Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

I don't understand

:cry: My oldest mouse Nibbler passed away today :angel:
When I went to check on her ,she was dead and there was a lot of blood that had dried around and inside her mouth
the only way i can describe it is, it had looked like she had tried giving birth through her mouth....... and i know thats impossible. shes always been kind of small, she was barely a year old, and for the pass couple of days shes been looking kind of starved and dehydrated... Butt Ive always kept food & clean and fresh water in her cage. I just wanna know how my baby died :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    I can only guess that it was something like an internal tumour that ulcerated and bled or maybe an abscess (caused by a bad tooth) that burst.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    So sorry for your loss :(

I had a similar case (except I saw her die), she'd had a stroke initially and as she died started to bleed from the mouth. I, like Ann, suspected some sort of internal rupture. It could have course, been a total shock to the heart/respiratory system.
This discussion has been closed.