Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Urgent help needed regarding sexing please

Knowing my luck I collected my 3 "girls" this morning and now i am convinced one of them is a boy :( they are short of 6 weeks and I read they become fertile at 4 weeks? I have looked them over and one of the mice has a noticeable "lump" in the private area which the other 2 does not. I have tried to take some photographs but it wasnt very easy. hopefully someone here will be able to see what gender they are.

mouse 1 doe?

mouse 2 doe?

mouse 3 buck?

Comments

• _supamouse87_supamouse87 Legacy
    yep mouse 3 is a buck... i have 3 bucks myself
  • _PresqueVu_PresqueVu Legacy
    First is safely a girl, unsure on second from that photo. Agree that third looks like a buck I'm sorry to say.

Do you have a vet, or mouse breeder/owner nearby that can help you?
  • _Odm87_Odm87 Legacy
    Thank you for your quick replies and I'm sorry i only realised now that I've put this in the wrong section. I contacted the lady I got them off and she was really helpful. She has took them back and separated the buck from the females. They're on pregnancy watch now and if they haven't popped in 4-5 weeks I'll take the 2 girls back. Such a shame this happened but at least I'm happy I did double check their gender, I could have been in for quite a surprise otherwise :/
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    I agree with the others... the gestation period for mice is around 3 weeks so you should know within that time. I'm so sorry that this has happened although it is sadly very common :(
This discussion has been closed.