Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Really need some advice! Please help!

Hi everyone,

My fiancee found one of my girls, Noya, very poorly. I think she is on her way out, shes very old she isn't eating and she is barely moving. I don't know what to do. I am keeping her warm and quiet and I keep checking on her but I don't know what else to do. She is so weak she can't do anything, I try give her food and water but she doesn't even try to have any.

I also have another problem. My Talon and her nephew Jangles have sores on their bodies and Talons sister and Talon have hair loss. It looks like the hot spots from this site:

http://www.thefunmouse.com/info/hair-loss.cfm

They are all fed on the same food. Could it be allergies? They were on pig nuts but they switched to a generic mouse mix that contains peanuts and I think sunflower seeds while I was away on an internship. I am putting them back onto the pig nuts but is here anything else I can do?
Talon - an old lady with extensive sores, itching, fur loss and she recently had cancer which was removed. No complications and it healed well she is sepperate from other mice.
Damara - an old lady with fur loss with her daughters
Jangles - a younger male, with a small sore on his back and a bit of his ear missing with a sore =[ He lives separate to the other males.
The other girls, Damara's daughters, and two none related males do not have any fur loss or sores.
Is there anyway I can help stop the itching and sores?

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    If Noya is reasonably comfortable I would just let nature take it's course but if she has stopped eating altogether it's probably kinder to take her to the vet.

I think it would be wise to seek a vet's advice regarding the hair loss and sores. In the first instance I would have advised treating for mites to rule that out but if the mice have open sores I would check with the vet first. A steroid injection often helps but in the meantime you could try bathing them with a saline solution (1 teaspoon salt to 1 pint warm water) or a hibiscrub solution if you have any (I've had quite good success doing that with one of mine).
This discussion has been closed.