Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Cancer?

Is there anything which makes mice more susceptible to cancer? Are there any ways of making the development of it less likely?
Over the past 3 months i've lost Zephyr mouse to cancer, swollen lymph nodes and loads of tumours... I lost Reuben to Skin cancer, i had to take my female mice Apphia and Maia to be PTS together as they both had huge tumours and had no quality of life anymore, now my mouse Nyx has a tumour and Delphie has swollen lymph nodes. It's heartbreaking. I wonder if it's something i'm doing since i've lost so many in such a short space of time to it, and finding Nyx & Delphie's lumps :(

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    I'm attaching a link which makes interesting reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_mammary_tumor_virus but I don't think you could do anything differently to make it less likely that your mice would develop lumps.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    :hug:

I've found that they always come at once but often with no corrleating link... just a nasty conincidence. That being said, I just had a lump removal on a rat and her sister now has one too... both only just over a year old. I'm keeping a close eye on their sister.

Those little ones had a fab life with you Susie, I've seen it in the flesh. It's so easy to get disheartened but you give these little mousies so much to battle on for :)
This discussion has been closed.