Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

goodbye little Peri :(

I've just got back from the vets, we had to have Peri put to sleep. They reckon it was either a tumor or her kidneys had packed up. Gutted and dreading telling my daughter.
But my question is, how can I help her cage mate Tink adapt to being an only mouse? She runs and hides whenever we go near the cage. We don't want to get any more at the moment, so is it ok to keep her alone?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jenny

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    I'm really sorry to hear about Peri. I tried my best to reply to your other post when I first saw it this morning but the whole website crashed on me every time I pressed "submit".

Some mice seem to adapt fairly well to being on their own but if Tink is already quite a nervous mouse, she may just become more withdrawn. You'll have to watch her over the next few days I think and make a decision based on how well she is coping.
    I'm sorry to hear about Peri, I hope your daughter doesn't take it too badly...

I don't have any advice but I hope Tink will be ok alone
  • _Gilbert_Gilbert Legacy
    I'm so sorry Jenny. Thats quite a tough thing to have to do. Hope your little girl takes the news bravely

Run free little Peri xxx
  • _zany_toon_zany_toon Legacy
    I'm so sorry that Peri had to be put to sleep :( Run free little one xx

How are your daughter and little Tinks now? I hope they are managing ok x
  • _Tilly1712_Tilly1712 Legacy
    So sorry you've lost Peri :(

Run free little one :angel:
This discussion has been closed.