Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

my mouse is acting odd and belly looks bigger

Hello, my white albino mouse casper is 2yrs and 3mnths, ive noticed past 5 days maybe he hasnt been sleeping in his little house, he finds somewhere else to sleep e.g by his food bowl or under his bendy bridge, his belly looks bigger than it was, im not sure if hes gone fat or its something worrying :cry:
Also hes picked up pieces of the substrate n tried to eat it which is odd, hes never before slept anywhere apart from his little red house, he has 1 eye also, he lost it last year to a big infection.
What do people think?

Comments

• _racingmouse_racingmouse Legacy
    Hi supamouse. He`s a good age now and you will notice some changes in his body shape and activity. He`s obviously fought through some negative times in his life, so it`s understandable no that he`s getting on that his behaviour might change a little.

Maybe look at his diet and whether this can be improved or added to? Does he get supplements like millet spray or Canary seed? What is his diet? Is he allowed to sleep more or do you tend to handle him a lot?
  • _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    If Casper seems chubby all over then I think you can put it down to a rather luxurious lifestyle and you might want to cut down on the protein in his diet a bit. If his stomach is swollen but his backbone is protruding as if he's lost weight elsewhere on his body then it might be something more serious.
This discussion has been closed.