Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Typical Behavior for a new arrival ?

Hi! Im new to this forum and new to mouse care so please excuse if i ask a lot of questions in the next few weeks :D Im soon going to be bringing home a young male mouse from a rescue and since its a rescue i would like to know normal behavior for a mouse when its only just been bought home ( first few days ect.) just to make sure he is all good and healthy!

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Well done for giving a little rescue mouse a home. The first thing to be prepared for is that male mice have a certain "aroma" and it might take a while to get used to it but if you clean his cage too frequently he will be likely to scent mark even more.

Mice have sensitive respiratory systems so try not to use bedding that is dusty or scented and listen out for signs of sneezing or snuffling. How soon you start handling him will depend on how nervous he appears when he's had a few hours to settle into his new accommodation. It's usually a good idea to take things slowly at first.

I can't wait to hear more about him when you bring him home.
  • _zany_toon_zany_toon Legacy
    I can't add anything, but wanted to say welcome to the forum :)
This discussion has been closed.