Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Pregnant mice scent more?

So I've cleaned out the mouse cage but I've noticed that it smells again after a couple of hours. Do pregnant mice scent their cage more? I have a pregnant mouse and age seems to have a fusty pong compared to the others.

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    I've only ever had a couple of surprise litters from mice who were already pregnant when I bought them home and I can't remember them smelling any worse. There is a uterine infection called pyometra though which can cause a smell and can be very serious so keep a look out for any discharge or signs of Suzie not looking well.

Male mice do have more of a smell about them, can you be sure all the mice are definitely female?
    We never noticed Wingnut scenting more before her litter either
  • _Pixie_Pixie Legacy
    One of our does would pee in one place where she would be nesting and would cause more of a smell thats the only thing i have noticed, i had to spot clean it daily due to peeing in that one place.
This discussion has been closed.