Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Breeding animals makes me sad...

When running a rescue it extremely upsets me when people breed animals.

There are far too many animals needing loving homes around, and it is very upsetting for me when I see people purposefully breeding animals, for profit, showing or otherwise.

It is important to remember that they are living animals, with wants and needs, rather than objects to be judged and crammed into tiny spaces.

Though we all love our mice, it is also sad that people are breeding animals to live in cages (though the cages on here are some of the best around!)
People must also remember that there are also plenty of pet mice who are in very far from good situations.

Can I use this as a point to ask for people to stop breeding mice, there are plenty around to rescue.

Just a thought from me, thanks for reading.

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    A good post to remind us of our responsibilities toward the pets we keep.

I do sometimes wonder what it would be like if everyone did behave responsibly though. I have a great urge to rescue animals but if there were none to rescue I wouldn't have a job for a start and secondly I can't imagine me just sitting back, happy that my job was done because I'd still crave animals in my life.
This discussion has been closed.