Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Sexes?

I'm pretty sure I can tell the boys from the girls :P None seem to have nipples yet, so maybe they're all boys :(

I only got three before my camera batteries died D:

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    I'm hopeless at identifying their sexes when they are young but my best guess is male, female, female.
  • _Arlo_Arlo Legacy
    Well, I just checked them all over again (for like, the 100th time) and I noticed ONE has nipples. The rest don't so I'm guessing NINE boys and one girl. I wanted to keep all the girls, and I was hoping all ten would be girls :cry: I know it's unlikely, but what are the odds of nine boys!? I might convince my roommate that we need to keep them regardless ;)
  • _Arlo_Arlo Legacy
    I was definitely hoping for more girls haha!

I don't currently have money for neutering, I had enough for one neuter, and was going to keep one of the boys, but I've had a rescue rat come in who desperately needed medical attention so my money has gone on him :(

I'll probably move the girls into a new cage later and keep a few of my favourite boys in the giant bin cage. I definitely don't want to lose all my babies :cry:
  • _Arlo_Arlo Legacy
    Well, I have now been allowed to keep three of the boys :wiggle: I convinced by roommate by going "Who's your favourite?" and after she picked I went "Maybe we should keep him then...but he'll need friends...", so now we have 3 boys and 1 girl staying :twisted:
  • _Arlo_Arlo Legacy
    Two of the boys have found a home already! I do keep asking all of my friends if they're SURE they don't want a mouse or two haha. I might just tell my other half that no-one liked them so we have to keep them...
  • _Arlo_Arlo Legacy
    Together! :D Hopefully they'll be okay, my three boys I'm going to TRY and keep together. If I can raise any neutering money, I'll try and get all three neutered, because otherwise I'll have to get more mice to fill up the giant cage...It's getting a second floor soon too!
  • _Arlo_Arlo Legacy
    I don't have any pictures at the moment I'm afraid! It's the largest Really Useful Box on the market, it doesn't have side mesh yet because of the unexpected litter, didn't want anyone squeezing out, but when I add the slightly smaller top level, I'll be meshing all the sides!
This discussion has been closed.