Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Show us your cages!

If you've got a great cage setup, why not show it off here?

Comments

• _zany_toon_zany_toon Legacy
    Spookie, Tizzy, Fizzy and Izzy's nice new Jack 72 set up :D Complete with a close up shot (featuring Tizzy's bum :lol:)

• _PresqueVu_PresqueVu Legacy
    Looking good Zany_toon :) nice to get it started!

I don't have mice any longer - but I do quite miss the AAM setups thread. It was great for linking to when I'm trying to explain to people that mice shouldn't be kept alone in a tiny plastic tank...:evil:

I've got a couple of my old layouts here:

Some of my older set-ups:

Cage on the bottom is for a single elderly boy, the one on top is a home made cage for a boy who didn't like large spaces :lol:

The group of boys freddy 2

The girls fun area leon (used to house 2 girls and their babies until they could go into the freddy 2's)
    Some old and some new set-ups:

My original perfecto tank:

The FOP Dixie used as a temporary home:

Charlie's original 2 tier Imac fantasy. You can't see the maze inside the ground floor (I used the top of the original habitrail maze and placed it inside the cage. He still loves it!) Unfortunately he is now living on a single tiered one because he is just too frail to climb anything anymore.

A Freddy 2 which homes 4 boys.

A Cricetti 16 which is home to a 2 year old with athritis (sp.!) it has loads of boxes and tubes in the base.

A rather bare Cricetti 15 for 5 boys (still trying to add more to it but they keep squabbling :()

An HH - home to 2 neutered boys and some their 4 girlfriends :) You can't see the boxes and tubes and construction toys in the base that they love to play in though :(

A Freddy 2 home to 4 aging girls who seem to be developing tumours :(
    Close ups of some of the cage:

Another 2 tier imac fantasy:
    Floor 1:
    Floor 2:

Indiana's Savic Cambridge (single boy residence):

A cupboard converted into a suitable home for 3 ASF rats/multimammate mice (not sure if you can see their plastic dolls house in the corner?):

Another Imac fantasy, houses 1 boy mouse and will soon have another level added (although Percy doesn't mind the wait, he was living in a shoe box when i got him!):

Pop's Gabber Lux:

A Gabber Rex used to temporary house a group of tiny girls:
  • _nicemice_nicemice Legacy
    Ooooooh stealing your bungey rope idea :grin: .
    Everyones cages look excellent, any tips how to take nice pics of cages, mine never come out right :oops: , I will post them anyway :) .

The girls cage

Pip and Seudags cage

Bobby and Caraids cage

Well I finished Pip and Seudags Fred cage (its a cut down Freddy so Ive cristened it a Fred cage, unfortunately poor Pip didnt get to try out the new cage but now Seudag is in with Bobby and Caraid it seemed right to let the new group have a new cage to get to know each other in and they have been so interested in exploring that they havent had any arguments. Im extremely bad at taking pics of cages but this is the boys cage anyway, I have to put the ropes in still but Ive run out of cable ties. Ive always put those black straps on cages as a safety precaution because Im paranoid the cages would break open if they ever fell off.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    that cage looks fantastic.... great job jeemie :D love the little pink hammock
  • _Emms_Emms Legacy
    These are my current cages -

The Freddy for the girls
    [attachment=122]setup2july2011JPG.jpg[/attachment]

with chicken :)
    [attachment=123]setup1july2011.JPG[/attachment]

And the HH for the boys - they have the blue igloo in it now too, and I don't use a shelf for them because they love climbing the bars and doing spider-pig impressions across the roof :D

[attachment=124]setup4july2011.JPG[/attachment]
  • _Emms_Emms Legacy
    Yes, I love it :) According to the size, you can have up to 6 mice in it apparently, but I just have the two boys and they love the space. Technically, they could go into the Freddy, as they are neutered and I only have four girls in there at the moment, but the girls are a bit squabbly sometimes, and the boys love each other to bits, so I don't want to upset them :lol:
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    Here is my House of Mouse. It is a lot bigger than it looks & plus I have another pod & a loft to add.

The HH set up for the 5 older girls (the ones who have been fighting :/)Sorry about the fact I've taken the photos in parts, I couldn't stand far enough away to get it all in one shot :oops:

And the new set up for the itty bitties - complete with secret underground maze system as demonstrated by Clover :D It has however made it hard to keep track of whether everyone is in the cage or not, as they all run and hide in the maze to make me panic!

I forgot about the Jack 72 that the girls and their neutered boyfriends are in :)

Tippy and Poppy checking out the view :)
    I like the picture with Tippy and Poppy, they look very happy.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    looks fantabulous Zany! x
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    This is Maple & Storms new cage. A mini duna - pink of course! I don't think they are going to be big mice as they are now 8 & 9 weeks and they are STILL small!

This is the main mouse cage in the mouse cupboard which has the small galvanised mesh on its big doors. Keeps little fingers out and the cat too! Was very glad of the doors being on there the other day as Star got out - the tubes connecting the middle cages to the bottom came undone and she was stuck on top of the pod - it wasn't for long but she was VERY grateful to get back into the house of mouse.

I had to stand in the doorway to get all this in! :lol:
  • _ThimblesMum_ThimblesMum Legacy
    That set up is awesome Galaxy! How many mice live in that? Bet its a pain on clean out day though :lol:
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    It takes me about 3 maybe 4 hours. I don't really know actually just how long it takes - all I know is that I get an aching back and my hands totally dry out from washing them but it is worth it. I have 13 mice in there - thats why its so big. I hate tubes - but the mice love them - so they stay. :D I love my mice being happy. They're so peaceful now - all sleeping.
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    I am using megazorb & I haven't had any problems whatsoever. Isn't auboise sposed to be expensive or something? I have a large cage as you can see in my previous post in this thread. I use the shredded white paper stuff that you buy from petshops. Haven't had any problems with that either.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    I love little mousey piles.... mine have a coconut and all of them squish in there together.

Set up looks great... lots of things for them to be doing/destroying!
  • _Fennic_Fennic Legacy
    Ooh Purple_X what sort of cage is that? I've never seen one like it.

Mine are in a tank and I really dislike it, it's hard to socialize with them without either squeasing in or destroying the setup to socialize them more. They squeased out of the bars of an extended edited hamster cage...and then decided that when the bars were fixed to chew out of the base :x I was pretty peeved to find them all over my desk running riot! They was making so much progress too before the incident.
  • _Vicki_Vicki Legacy
    I have loved looking at all your cages (almost as good as looking at pictures of mice) and it always amazes me how inventive we can become when it's for the welfare of our meeces http://www.micearenice.co.uk/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/icon_e_biggrin.gif. Some of the set ups are awesome http://www.micearenice.co.uk/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/icon_eek.gif. Sorry that I have repeated a comment on Galaxy's setup which if I had just moved onto the next page I would have seen someone had already commented on (doh!) - Anyway I have attempted to add a couple of my own cages (fingers crossed) Vicki
    [attachment=145]Picture100.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=146]Picture103.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment]Picture 046.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:4]Picture 047.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:5]Picture 048.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:6]Picture 049.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:7]Picture 050.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:8]Picture 057.jpg[/attachment]
  • _Fennic_Fennic Legacy
    Seems some of the attachments aren't working Vicki, perhaps uploading them somewhere else and reposting them may do the trick. ^^
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    first two piccis have shown up... it looks like you may be having the same problem i did when I tried posting pictures through the attachment box. Easily sorted by uploading via photobucket :)

Cage looks great from what I can see. It is amazing how we all manage to create these little havens for our fuzzies x
  • _Vicki_Vicki Legacy
    Thanks, will try photobucket as I have them all on there as well lol x
  • _battlekat_battlekat Legacy
    Bit of a crappy photo but here's my current setup. The viv is about 30" tall, 30" wide and 20" deep. The doors stay off for ventilation but there aren't any other animals in the house that could pose a danger.

Just two mice in there at the moment, but hopefully a few more soon. :)
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    wow what an amazing setup for two very lucky mice :)

Do you mean the doors are always off? :shock: My girls would be gone in minutes
  • _peter01_peter01 Legacy
    Tried to post my set-ups but it wouldn't work sorry, i'll try post it another time :D
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    I love the picture of their little playpen - on their little wheels :love: adorable :)
    Im sorry the pics are so rubbish but Im really bad at taking cage pictures, anyway here is the cage from today.