Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

New cage!

Sadly, today we lost one of our Syrian hamsters, Ginger. It was expected, he was old and we knew it was a matter of weeks, although we didn't expect it to happen now.

We decided to move the mice into his hamster heaven purely for access (although it is slightly smaller than the ruffy) but the access is great and will be good for bonding.

I feel bad for moving them in less than 12 hours after his death, but I dont think he would want us moping around and my OH has no feeling towards the cage, although it breaks me seeing them in it knowing it was my Gingers cage :(

However, they are extremely happy and are loving it, they love the tubes and yeah, the access is great! They are already coming closer to us and climbing on us now we aren't coming from above them (Ruffy only has access on the top!)

They love it. They seem so happy, it makes me happy but still it's so sad :(

How many mice can a HH hold?

Comments

• _zany_toon_zany_toon Legacy
    I've had 8 very slow mice in an HH or 5 very active ones (more toys were needed :lol:) Only thing I would say is be careful of the loft thingy if you are using that - I'm sure some one on here said that their mice had a good chew and escaped from it!
  • _PresqueVu_PresqueVu Legacy
    Anthony" post=4190 said:

I feel bad for moving them in less than 12 hours after his death, but I dont think he would want us moping around and my OH has no feeling towards the cage, although it breaks me seeing them in it knowing it was my Gingers cage :(
    I've moved cages round the same day as well, it does feel sad, but there is some good in it that another animal benefits. Plus I think it helps not having to look at an empty cage.

I'm sorry to hear about Ginger. :hug:
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    sorry to hear about Ginger :hug:
This discussion has been closed.