Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Cages with large doors

I know a lot of the very large cages have nice big doors but I do wish manufacturers would put large doors on some of the smaller cages too.

Humbug lives in a Savic Cambridge. It's a nice sized cage for him but he tends to pee and poo in his wheel and it would be really useful to be able to just remove the wheel through the cage door rather than having to remove the whole top of the cage to get it out so I can wash it.

I did manage to get one cage with a larger door - Pocket Mouse has a Savic Bristol and the access is so much easier.

I'd like to try the Ferplast Rainbow cage too as that looks as if it has two small doors on the side with a larger one on top but I'm not sure they are available any more.

Are there any other medium sized cages (suitable for single male mice) with large doors?

Comments

• _racingmouse_racingmouse Legacy
    Hi Ann. I feel your pain! The only cages that spring to mind where larger doors are concerned are the Savic Hamster Heaven and the Savic Mickey 2XL. I have the XL for my syrian hamster at the moment. It has the narrower bars aswell.

I would love to find a cage that is like the Pennine rat starter cage, only a little bigger and with a larger front door! That would be my ideal mouse cage. I have Maisy in a modified Pennine rat starter cage and she loves it, but it really only holds one mouse, two at a push.

I thought about starting to hunt for a cage similar to the Pennine, but with better access, but have yet to find one really. My Pennine is easy enough to deal with, but I have to lift off the entire barred section to remove Maisy`s wheel aswell. :roll:
  • _nicemice_nicemice Legacy
    What about getting hold of a large door and converting the cage you want to use? I love the Freddy and the hamster heaven doors so if you could get hold of one of them it might work. Maybe Savic would be able to sell you a door if you told them you needed to repair a cage.
This discussion has been closed.