Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Is this ok to feed mice (dry cat food)? Also, free dry cat food!

Just did a Zooplus order and got 2x400g free cat food - it's Royal Canin Fit Adult Cat. There's plenty of nutritional information and it seems to have a lot of vitamins and stuff, but I don't know if the protein and fat levels are too high? Or is it ok for an occasional protein boost?

If not, would anyone like 800g free cat food? :P Or 400g if I can use one bag for the mice. If there's anyone in/near Salford (although I don't think we've got any members nearby?) then perfect, otherwise I'd charge postage. :)

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    I'm sure the mice will love it but you're right about the protein level being high so depending on the size of the biscuits I would either crush them and offer small bits of biscuit only or limit the mice to one biscuit every few days or so.
  • _zany_toon_zany_toon Legacy
    The occasional bit is ok, but don't feed it anymore than once in a week - as RM said, the salt and taurine can play havok with a mouse's liver and cats need it in far higher amounts than a mouse does. A lot of breeders don't feed it but I haven't seen scientific evidence to back it up - better safe than sorry though. Mine are lucky if they get a bitonce every two months :oops:

Edit: re the food, if you aren't using it could you donate it to an independent cat shelter near you? They would be very grateful at this time of year :)
This discussion has been closed.