Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Homemade Recipe

I'm looking for a homemade recipe for my mice. I've been researching and looking for the good diet for my mice for a long time and can't seem to find one. So I thought I'd look into homemade recipes. But I obviously want it to be healthy, nutrition and a balance for them. I'm looking for something without menadione sodium bisulfate or artificial flavors etc. in it. I know a lot of people recommend Brown's Tropical Carnival Hamsters & Gerbils, but it has food dyes and menadione sodium bisulfate in it.

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• _superwolf_superwolf Legacy
    I'd really recommend reading The Scuttling Gourmet if you're interested in making your own mix - although it's meant for rats, the principle's the same and rat and mouse diets are very similar. The website I've linked you to, Rat Rations, is also very good for sourcing ingredients, and if you look under 'complete mixes' then a lot of us use No. 7 (with supplements or other feeds added for extra vitamins/minerals) for our mice. I don't think it has any artificial ingredients, and the mice love it! :)
This discussion has been closed.