Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

what to use to make my own mouse food

ok i have about 25 mice. and i want to make my own food for them but not sure what all i need to use to make sure they have all the need . so any body got a good recipe they would share with me ?

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of different options to consider when making a mix for mice. You could use a commercial mix as a base and add other ingredients to make a balanced diet or you could buy ingredients individually to mix together in appropriate proportions. When I first looked into making a mix it was because my mice were wasting a lot of the commercial mix and I also had a growing number of mice to feed.

My own mix now consists of flaked barley, rolled oats, flaked peas, a wild bird seed mix, puffed rice and a very small amount of dog kibble.
  • _patricia_patricia Legacy
    i thank you both so far what im using is sweet feed for horses ,bird seed ,chicken feed .....so i wanted to know what else if anything that i needed to add to it is all
This discussion has been closed.