Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Diet Questions

Hey guys! So after attempting to surf the web for answers to mouse nutrition, I'd figured I would come here to ask my questions! I know I'll get straight and reliable answers here. :)
This morning I fed my mice a mixture of raspberry pieces, cheerios, unsweetened quaker oats, unsweetened/unsalted cooked corn, and bits of peeled apples. I had their regular food underneath the goodies, and mixed it around a bit so they still had their normal food to eat as well. Coming from a pet store, I highly doubt they were ever fed fresh foods. They immediately smelled the mixture and rushed over to chow down, and even my shy little Cedar came out to have some breakfast!

I want to know what fresh foods/other treats you feed your mice, what your mice prefer, what is safe and what isn't, and what you would recommend! I'm curious!
Thanks!

[I included some pictures of my little fuzzballs enjoying their breakfast.]

[attachment:1]Breakfast.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:2]Cedar's Rear.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:3]CedarShadow.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:4]NaviShadow.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:5]Shadow.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:6]unnamed-1.jpg[/attachment]

EDIT: Pictures aren't working for an odd reason. Hmph.

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    What a shame the pics aren't showing.

My mice turn their little noses up at most fresh food so I've given up with it except in hot weather when I might put a bit of cucumber in the cage. The treats they go mad for are walnuts, pumpkin seeds and malt paste.
  • _Nicky_Nicky Legacy
    Oh pumpkin seeds never knew about those will buy some for Boo and Pumpkin
This discussion has been closed.