Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

New grouping: Cookie, Popcorn, Grace and Dolly!

superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
edited April 2015 in General Rodent Chatter
I bit the bullet and introduced my two pairs of mice this afternoon (after weeks of having nightmares about it!  :-O ) - and it went beautifully!  :\">

I used a dab of watered down vanilla extract on their bums and it seems to have done the trick nicely.  Lots of sniffing, a little grooming and squeaking, but absolutely no fighting like I had with Dolly and Grace meeting.  They're settling into a mini duna for now, with piles of bedding but no toys.

I've decided to switch to feeding them broken up Selective Science biscuits until they're settled with each other, in the hopes that this will discourage fighting over who's got the best treat!  They've got a millet spray too, but currently they're curled up in a couple of little furry piles. 
:\">
Tagged:

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I'm glad it's going smoothly, I did wonder if you'd need that Kios for very long.
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Thanks Ann, and yes, the poor Kios will be feeling a bit neglected!  I'm planning on using it as a step up from the Mini Duna before the group gets put into the big Skyline Tilo though, so it won't be wasted (plus I'll want it for future newbies!).
  • PurdyBearPurdyBear Lemming
    It sounds like they are having a great time.  I hope photos are to follow.

It's such a relief after the last time Purdy - I think they're all feeling a little lost without their tons of toys, but from my point of view things are going great!

Will definitely be locating the camera to show off how sweet-natured my girls can be.  :\">
    Thanked by 1PurdyBear
    Brilliant, it sounds like its going really well :D
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
    Thanked by 1superwolf
    The girls are still getting along great!  :\"> They're all being so sweet with each other, I'm in a state of shock! :P

I'll be giving them some more toys to play with today - any advice on when to move them up to the Kios?
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

Sometimes intros are so easy you wonder why you hesitated but I also know that I've rushed things and it's backfired on me so I'd just go with your own instinct.

Thanks Ann - I'm off to the Lake District for a few days next week, so I think I'll leave the girls in the Mini Duna till after I get back, and then switch them up when I can keep a closer eye on them. :)

They've now got three wheels crammed into the cage and seem very happy with them, so I think things are continuing on course! :)
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    I'm glad the intros went so well Maria :) I can't wait to see photos :P
    Thanked by 1superwolf
    Aww... It sounds like its going great :D I agree with Ann about not rushing things, its better safe than sorry when stuff is going well :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
    Thanked by 1superwolf
  • AlisonAlison Mouse
    Sounds very encouraging so far Maria. Hopefully its continued that way for you :) 
    The Pink Paw Gang are back in town! 2 mice, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 2 springer spaniels, 1 sprollie and 1 sprocker. Is this what you call a multicultural house :)

Remembering my gorgeous boy Griffon, my cheeky Merlin, my beautiful Womble, the handsome Mr George and my 'grumpy' old man Buster

Run free Lilo, Meeko, Stitch, Molly and Davey (hamsters) Zelda, Princess, Ninny and Link (rats) and Squeak (guinea pig)

Playing at The Rainbow Bridge are Wooster, Baldrick, Sir Edmund, Parker, Daisy, Poppy, Lily, Rosie & Fleur, Mitch, Alex, Pyscho, Tango & Cash, Little Misses Trouble and Mischief, Coco, Cookie & Hazel, Lilley & Tilley and Ernie, Pete, Strawberry and Shortcake and Mr & Mrs Mabel & Eric Mouse

Every little life matters
    Sad news - my beautiful Grace passed away the other day.  She'd been acting her age (for once!) and looking a bit frail for the past couple of weeks, but it's still a sad time for me and the mice.  I was away from home when she died, which I'm sorry for, but I'm glad she went peacefully in her sleep, with her friends there for company.

Rest in peace Grace. O:-)
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm so sorry Maria, nice that she went peacefully at home though. I hope you're ok?

Rest in peace Grace.

Thanked by 1superwolf
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    So sorry you lost Grace xx
    Thanked by 1superwolf
    Thanks both.  I'm alright Ann, I feel bad for not being there when she went, and I know I'll miss my gorgeous girl, but after all old age is the best way to go.  She was a special girl, full of contradictions, and she'll always have a place in my heart.

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Aw that's a lovely video of Grace.
    Thanked by 1superwolf
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    I always enjoy watching your videos Maria, Grace was just a gorgeous little mouse, bless her. x
    Thanked by 1superwolf
    I'm sorry for your loss :(
    Thanked by 1superwolf