Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Hi Everyone, the Technophobe Made It

PurdyBearPurdyBear Lemming
edited April 2015 in Introductions

Hi everyone.  

It took me a while to work out how to open a thread, yes I managed it eventually.  :)

Just to let you know the current kitchen mouse count is 7, with them all relocated to a nice place near a nice field for them to romp in.

I wonder how many badges I'm gonna earn?

PS  I am from the old forum, but not a regular lately.

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

Hi, so glad you made it here.

You seem to have got the knack of relocating your little friends now!

• superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Good to see you here! :D
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Hallo, glad to see you over here! Just PM me if you have any issues getting to know the place
    :)
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
    Hello!

Wow, I thought the kitchen mouse count was only two last time I read your threads... Either I missed a lot or they've appeared quickly lol
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I thought it was two as well. Trust me to be behind :D
    At least it wasn't just me then :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • PurdyBearPurdyBear Lemming
    The reason the count was 2 was because I only ever caught 2 on the wildlife camera set up in the kitchen.  Well I carried on catching the little whatsits after the initial ones, and now have it up to 7 so far.  I am hoping that is it, but I suspect there maybe more.

The thing is there was no sign of them at all, other then my dogs food disappearing during the night.
    Ah ok, that makes sense. I hope that is all of them now...
    edited May 2015 Posts: 24
    Nope the current count is 10, but I am hoping that is it.  The last one looked very strange for a wild mouse, he had the usual brown fur back but it had dark patches within it, a bit like a dalmation.  He was a little bit larger as well.

Now the weather is warmer,  I'm hoping any remaining mice will leave. I'm going to carry on putting the traps out and hope I've got the lot.  My dog, who is a Cairn X, so you would think would chase them hasn't batted an eyelid.

Seeing all these mice, has made me fall in love with the rodents, and want my own but that will have to wait until I've got the space to put a decent cage.  

PS  All the mice have been released in the same place, so if they are staying the vast undergrowth as a group they can find each other easily.
    Wow, lots of wild mice then! I hope they do leave for you if any're left :)

Do you know when you'd likely be able to get mice of your own?
    Not at the moment.  The plan is to use a tropical fish tank which currently has resident fish, so they will need to pass to fishy Rainbow Bridge before any further move towards mice are concerned.  i've got to do a lot more research about breeders etc as well.
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Oh I missed your intro Purdy :( It's lovely to see you here and I'm sorry that I missed this before. It sounds like that "little pair" of wild mice were being very sneaky hiding how many of them there really were, I'm glad you managed to catch them all and move them safely :)
    I caught another one today so 11 in total.  The rate of capture is slowing down to one every so often.  We worked out that they are coming through the gap in the catflap.  They really like my dogs food (Wagg), so if I ever get any mice of my own I know what to give them as a treat.  RFLOL.

Todays mouse was so cute, he looked a bit like a vole but I can't imagine them coming into the house or would they?  

The only other thing I can think of is that we have a visiting cat - through said cat flap - who likes to deposit mice as presents.  We do have a black cat that often visits the garden so it could well be, as he /she is a feral and might want a new home.  
    Could you set up a video camera watching the cat flap to try and find out whats going on? It'd be really interesting to see if its the cat or not :)