Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Barney pet cage for sale

I can't see a For Sale section on here yet, so planting it here until shown otherwise.

I still haven't sold my as-new Barney pet cage. It's one of these: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/189303

As reported on Mice Are Nice, it is HUGE, at 100 x 50 x 50 cm. Ideal for a large colony or for breeding where litters may be large. It's great for mice, gerbils, most larger hamsters and just possibly as a put-me-up for a young rat until it's old enough for a full-size setup.

New owner will need to improvise some carrying handles as the ones supplied broke upon fitting. The rest of it is solid. I've used and cleaned it only once and so selling it for £30 including carriage to anywhere on Mainland UK.

Please PM me if interested.

Jon

Ask not what your rodent can do for you...

Comments

• JonJon Lemming
    No-one?

:(
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse

Jon, your cage would probably be popular on http://hamstercentral.com/forum

Price is good too, a bargain! x

• JonJon Lemming

Jon, your cage would probably be popular on http://hamstercentral.com/forum

Price is good too, a bargain! x

Nice one, thank you for the kind tip. I will give it a go.

Jon ;-)
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 529
    We bought one not long ago I'm afraid, then it was damaged so they sent a replacement, we repaired the first and we ended up with two. Don't think we could fit in a third even if we wanted to, if we had the room then I'd want it but we really don't have the room for it unfortunately. I hope someone wants it soon though :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Good to see you over on HC Jon, it`s a hamster forum but very busy and friendly. Hopefully when you advertise your Barney cage some members will be interested. Always worth a try as it`s a cage that`s popular.
  • AlisonAlison Mouse
    edited May 2015 Posts: 84
    Whereabouts are you Jon?

:)
    The Pink Paw Gang are back in town! 2 mice, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 2 springer spaniels, 1 sprollie and 1 sprocker. Is this what you call a multicultural house :)

Remembering my gorgeous boy Griffon, my cheeky Merlin, my beautiful Womble, the handsome Mr George and my 'grumpy' old man Buster

Run free Lilo, Meeko, Stitch, Molly and Davey (hamsters) Zelda, Princess, Ninny and Link (rats) and Squeak (guinea pig)

Playing at The Rainbow Bridge are Wooster, Baldrick, Sir Edmund, Parker, Daisy, Poppy, Lily, Rosie & Fleur, Mitch, Alex, Pyscho, Tango & Cash, Little Misses Trouble and Mischief, Coco, Cookie & Hazel, Lilley & Tilley and Ernie, Pete, Strawberry and Shortcake and Mr & Mrs Mabel & Eric Mouse

Every little life matters
  • JonJon Lemming
    edited May 2015 Posts: 147
    Hi Alison, I'm in west Norfolk, near Fakenham and Swaffham.

Jon ;-)
  • AlisonAlison Mouse
    edited May 2015 Posts: 84
    Ahhh thats a shame. I was hoping you may have someone I know close enough. I would love it Jon but this month I have been hit with some huge vet bills and its not over yet for us sadly :( So if by any chance you should still have it in a months time do give me a shout and if its at all possible I will have it. Please do not hold back from selling it on my behalf though, only if by some bizarre reason no-one else snaps it up
    The Pink Paw Gang are back in town! 2 mice, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 2 springer spaniels, 1 sprollie and 1 sprocker. Is this what you call a multicultural house :)

Remembering my gorgeous boy Griffon, my cheeky Merlin, my beautiful Womble, the handsome Mr George and my 'grumpy' old man Buster

Run free Lilo, Meeko, Stitch, Molly and Davey (hamsters) Zelda, Princess, Ninny and Link (rats) and Squeak (guinea pig)

Playing at The Rainbow Bridge are Wooster, Baldrick, Sir Edmund, Parker, Daisy, Poppy, Lily, Rosie & Fleur, Mitch, Alex, Pyscho, Tango & Cash, Little Misses Trouble and Mischief, Coco, Cookie & Hazel, Lilley & Tilley and Ernie, Pete, Strawberry and Shortcake and Mr & Mrs Mabel & Eric Mouse

• JonJon Lemming
    Hi Alison,

I understand and another month is no problem at all.I'm quite happy to take it off sale if you want it next month.

Just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Jon
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 529
    Alison, are you still considering getting this? We're considering looking for another Barney and if we do then obviously we're all for saving £20. If you want it then we'll leave it for you, but if you don't want it then we'll probably be very interested now :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • JonJon Lemming
    Hi there,
    Only just seen this. Glad to hear you're also interested. I will leave it to you and Alison to decide, but basically it's ready to go any time.
    Jon
    Just letting you know that while we were waiting to check if Alison still wanted it I found a barney on ebay and ended up bidding on that as we do need the cage fairly soon now. Won that this morning so I'm now crossing my fingers that Alison does definetly still want yours and that it gets to go soon anyway :)
  • JonJon Lemming
    Glad you got it sorted out. I'm still waiting to get mine sold and reclaim some shed space.

Jon ;-)
    Sorry Jon... I hoped Alison'd have wanted it by now :(

That said, have you managed to get rid of it yet or is it still for sale?
  • AlisonAlison Mouse
    Jon I am soo sorry :( I clean forgot about it. The month of May ended up being a very traumatic time for us hence why I think this escaped me. I do apologise Jon, I feel absolutely awful now :(

I feel bad for reminding you now Alison :(

That said... If it is still for sale Jon, could I buy it please?
  • JonJon Lemming

I feel bad for reminding you now Alison :(

That said... If it is still for sale Jon, could I buy it please?

Hi both. Sorry, been off stamping out a few fires of my own. No problem at all Alison.

And yes, of course you can have it if you wish. Give me an idea where you are by PM and I will get to work on packing it up.

Jon ;-)
  • JonJon Lemming
    Cage now gone.