Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Is this suitable for two adult mice ?

I'm adopting two adult mice tomorrow and although they come with everything including a cage I want to get them something more spacious. I came acrosd this and thought it looked pretty fabulous. Is this suitable for mice ? I know it says so in the description but it is just a generic description and I get the feeling mice would just chew through the wood in minutes

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231479335874?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

If this isn't suitable I was going to go for this http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk/products/the-langham-tall-rat-and-hamster-cage-with-two-floors.html

What does everyone think ? if anyone has any better recommendations please feel free I have up to 100 to spend to get the biggest cage I can.

Comments

• superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    I'd steer clear of the wooden one - they might not chew it, but they'll certainly pee on it! :P

The second cage looks better, but I'd make sure your mice aren't too small - the 1cm bar spacing might be too wide for younger mice.

My previous cage, and one I'd wholeheartedly recommend, is the Skyline Tilo:

imageIt's absolutely massive, narrow bar spacing, and really high quality. :) If you look at the reviews, mines is the one by 'mkk' and if you search on here you should find another cage review I've written too.  I can also answer any questions you have - it's definitely a cage I'd recommend!  The only thing I'd say is once you've started your mouse habit you'll probably realise how many mice you could accommodate in the Tilo, and rapidly start accumulating more meeces! :P
    Another one to look at: the Barney cage:

It's a bit smaller and cheaper than the Tilo, but is by the same makers and I hear is of similar good quality. :)
  • larkalarka Lemming
    Thank you ! Had a look at a few of the Skylines, never heard of them before and they all look great and huge ! Think I might go for the Alexander! Thank you :) =))
    Awesome, hope you and your mice love it!
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Ha, I'm late to this but yes echo the issue with wood cages. I love the look of them, but anything wooden is a sheer nightmare as the smell just lingers - even if you can plasticote it thoroughly beforehand.

Alexander cage isn't one I've tried but I've heard good things! Look forward to pics when you have the mice in situ :)

crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
    We have five Alexanders, I can highly recommend them :) We also have two of the new barneys and one old one (the difference is the size, the old ones were only 80cm) and I do prefer the Alexander. I just won't pay £20 more for the Alexander when its such a small difference in cage size and shelves and stuff now :P
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • larkalarka Lemming
    Thank you too Crittery! Didn't even think of that as an issue stupidly considering how much they'll be peeing haha. There will be plenty of pictures for sure
  • larkalarka Lemming
    hmm the barney is also nice and youre right its not much difference considering the price ! this is going to be a tough decision!

When I do get the new cage and it needs plasticoated...which brand /where should I buy to make sure it's pet safe ?

Thanks again :)
  • larkalarka Lemming
    Found the answer in another thread never mind !
    Good luck with the decision. Whatever you do I doubt you'll regret it :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)