Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

New room setup

pomtreezpomtreez Mouse
edited May 2015 in Cages and Environmentals
Hi, thought I'd share the new room setup I have for my critters. There's still some changes to be made, by I do like it even now. It's bigger than the room they were in, the room has a nice color and style (other was mute and boring), I can use the treadmill in here and do crafts, and the back half of the room has a separate light, so the Chinese hamsters can stay more in the dark while I have the front light on. The disadvantage is it's less insulated, so it gets hotter and colder than the rest of the house. I have the ceiling fan going.

I hope you can see the photos ok. I attached them with my phone.
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 969K
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 941K
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 912K
Living in North Carolina, USA with 1 Syrian hamster, 3 Chinese hamsters, 4 mice, 2 rats (and 2 cats)

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Looks lovely and spacious. It might be worth keeping a thermometer in there if you're concerned about changes in temperature so you can monitor it but overall, very impressive.
  • pomtreezpomtreez Mouse
    Thank you Ann. :) I can easily tell by walking in. I am very sensitive to temperature. The upstairs has a separate AC unit so I keep that going during the day already, but have to keep the fan on for an extra breeze in that room. If it gets difficult to keep an eye on, I'll get the thermometer set I can read from downstairs, like what we have for outside.
    Living in North Carolina, USA with 1 Syrian hamster, 3 Chinese hamsters, 4 mice, 2 rats (and 2 cats)
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    That looks like a lovely area! Do you find the animals are okay with the sound of the treadmill?
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
    It looks really spacious in there :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    That looks like a really great set up :) Plenty of space and no one too close to anyone else :)
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Looks great!  I wish I could keep my mouse/craft room as neat as that! :P
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Yes, I feel the same (hides in shame).
  • pomtreezpomtreez Mouse
    edited May 2015 Posts: 57
    Thank you! I have not tried the treadmill since the move, but the hamsters would likely be asleep when I use it. I have to do physical therapy before I can get back on it again. But I would guess if I use it during the day, the hamsters would sleep through it and the mice wouldn't be too bothered. The room won't always look that organized. lol I tend to make a mess! And get bedding all over the floor. :p I took a panoramic plot for my sister that shows the layout better. Hope this works.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2rm59aa.jpg
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Ooh, you've got a sofa and everything!  I am quite jealous.  =))
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Colour me green with envy >:D<
  • pomtreezpomtreez Mouse
    No sofa. It's a recliner. Just looks wide because panorama distorts a bit. Thank you though! :)