Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Hey

Figured I may as well introduce myself [awkwardly, of course].
I go by the name Jason, though strictly only online. Actual name is unimportant, I think. Got a fondness for the nickname Chewie, as well, but I don't really care what you choose to call me.
I currently own two dogs [Jasper and Tosha], a cat [Nemo], a bird [Bubba], three mice [Chewing Gum, Junk, and Box], a ferret [Marshall], a hamster [Archie], and a snake [Annabelle]. My friends and family refer to my living space as 'the zoo', but the number of animals I have doesn't really even compare to most people I know.
I'm not the friendliest of people, to put it kindly I'm a complete jerk. Got a temper. Please don't go giving me any advice unless I ask for it. I don't appreciate it in the slightest. 
Ah, so, yeah. Not sure what else to put.
I was on the old forum [Mice Are Nice {or something along those lines}] but I made around three posts and disappeared. Didn't really know anyone there, don't expect to know anyone here.

As for a couple questions:
Meal Worms are alright for hamster and mice, right? Got them some and want to make sure.
Is there a place to post more sensitive topics? I think I remember Rants on the old forum, but that could've been somewhere else [as I said, I wasn't there long]. Got a pet store I want to complain and ask questions about.
Where would I go to ask questions about other animals [on here]? The main sections are for mice only, I think?

Comments

Mealworms are fine for both hamsters and mice and the main sections are fine for all rodents on this forum, just tag your thread "hamster" or "hamsters" instead of tagging it "mouse" or "mice" for example :)
    I'm not sure if we have anywhere for more sensitive topics on this forum though, hopefully someone else can confirm later
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • chewinggumchewinggum Lemming
    Would things about my ferret or snake or any not rodent pet go in off topic, then?
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm glad you made it to the new forum Jason/Chewie.

Crittery will be able to tell you more about the categories but I wouldn't worry about that too much, just post your threads in the most suitable section.

• CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Hi Jason, good to see you over here! :)

Anything rodent based can go in any category, and it does help if you can tag it by species - just to help people in the future look for it.

Ferrets/Snake best to go in Off-topic for now, although if more people want to start chatting about their dogs etc I'll just add an Other Pets section. This forum will be changing as people need it to.

The only thing worth remembering is as we are mainly for rodents, this isn't the place if say you wanted to talk about your snake's feeding issues. I think you could probably guess that :)

For Rants etc that's Offtopic, or members sanctuary (within OT) if you want a little extra security. Just to remember, like any forum, you can't 'name and shame' as that has legal problems for the forum itself. More general posts without too many specifics are fine though.
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
  • chewinggumchewinggum Lemming
    edited May 2015 Posts: 47
    Yep, alright.
    Don't really think it's fair to single out the snake, though, when ferrets eat just as many mice. : p
    But, yeah, got it.
    Questions about substrate and enclosure are cool, that's what you're saying?
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Hey I was giving you one example, inference helps! Not that I know much about ferrets tbh :p

Anything rodent based, wherever relevent and ideally tagged. Non rodents, off-topic and yeah substrate/enclosure etc

crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Welcome to the forum. I hope Crittery has answered your questions about where to post, but if you are unsure you can message her or myself and we can direct you to the right place when needed :)