Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

poor Pumpkin , it wont be long now.

As I have mentioned in other posts, Pumpkins tumour is growing daily and although she seems OK I feel I can not let her go on much longer which means
little Hocus will be alone again until Hermione and Beatrix join her. I don't want to rush that as I really want to check their sex and at the moment that's impossible as they are so fast. Has anyone any experience with dealing with a lone mouse ? I'm so gutted about Pumpkin and worried Hocus just won't cope alone.

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

Such a shame about little Pumpkin. I'm sure Hocus will be alright though until you're ready to introduce her to the new girls. Perhaps a few new toys will help to keep her mind occupied?

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Thanks AnnB the new toy idea is a good one. I feel so sorry for Pumpkin I would like her to die here but I feel she may have to be helped to go by the vet.I'm going to see what she's like over the next couple of days
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,293

What a sad time Nicky but your keeping an eye on Pumpkin and she will let you know how she is just by her behaviour. If you feel she`s given up totally and isn`t coping too well, then it might be best to send her on her way, but I always find they pass on at home but obviously, you need to judge whether she`s uncomfortable or not, or if death is imminent and if so, it`s better to leave her alone.

It`s great that you have the newbies to brighten Hocus up if the inevitable happens. Sometimes it`s better just to get them in together rather than waiting until Hocus realises she has no company. If she has something new to focus on, it has to be better than being alone. Not until Pumpkin has gone though. x

• BaggyMousersBaggyMousers Mouse
    So sorry about Pumpkin, my Wally is the same. It gets to that point where everyday they look considerably worse. It is heartbreaking to see. At least though, you've given her a lovely life, and my thinking is that, the end decision is so so hard to make, and I hate taking her to the vets, I think I hate the vets more than any pet does, but i'd never want to see my little one in awful pain and looking miserable. 

I hope she has a bit longer left in her and she enjoys your love until then 
    xxxx

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Thanks everyone ,I agree 100 per cent racing mouse .I would get them together asap but I'm not certain about the sexing so I just wouldn't want a disaster to turn into a catastrophy lol
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Definitely! Better to know their genders first just to be sure. x