Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Worth complaining about?

I just went on Zooplus and had a look at mouse cages (not for me! :P ) and, although they're normally very good at offering suitable cages, they've now got the Savic Spelos.  I know it's allowed under some crappy guidelines or other, but to me that cage is too small for a permanent home.  Worth writing in and complaining?

Cage dimensions: 
  • Total size with pipes: approx. 42.5 x 38 x 24 cm (L x W x H)
  • Total size without pipes: approx. 42.5 x 29.5 x 24 cm (L x W x H)

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    It's worth a shot.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Your right Maria, they are crappy. Fine for a join-up module to a larger cage but they should actually be stating that on their website rather than misleading buyers who don`t know any better, or can`t sensibly look at the size and think it`s too small. How this can be sold as a permanent home for a small animal is ridiculous. Zooplus are normally good for caging but somehow the odd ball cages do slip in sometimes because some regulations say they can. x
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Well I've emailed in a complaint, and I hope to get a decent response.  I seem to remember something like this happen before on the old forum, and the person in question managed to get the cage relabelled.

In general I really like Zooplus's range of products, so I'm surprised about them stocking such an inadequate cage.
    Yeah they did definetly relabel a cage before after enough complained so I hope they listen this time too :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Got a disappointing response from Zooplus, guess you can't win 'em all!
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,285
    You tried Maria and it`s all you can do really. They know they can profit from selling these so they won`t budge if they know they are not selling something dangerous. x
    Thanked by 1superwolf
    Yeah at least you tried :) Silly company though, its a shame the response was disappointing this time
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)