Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Shrews (wild)

I found a nest of Shrews under a piece of corrugated iron today, thought you might like to see them.

IMG_4257 resize.jpg
600 x 436 - 186K
Common Shrew resize.jpg
600 x 387 - 179K

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Awwww they are beautiful .
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Awwwwwwwwwww!  :\">
    Awwwwwwww! They are adorable :D
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • BaggyMousersBaggyMousers Mouse
    This is exactly what is needed tonight. Gorgeous gorgeous little animals.
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    :\">They are lovely - they look almost velvety soft :)
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Yes I had to resist the urge to cuddle them, I took a few photos then replaced the corrugated iron and left them in peace.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    I missed this! Still getting used to this forum layout and not seeing highlighted areas when someone has posted something new! They are adorable Ann, so soft! x
    Thanked by 1AnnB
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I find that not all the new threads are highlighted for me April, it can be a bit confusing. If I use my laptop the forum looks completely different!

Really? I seem to navigate by looking for dates when anyone posted as unlike the old format, there is no indication to new posts or that anyone has replied until you click on and look. That`s been confusing for me but I`m getting used to it!

Did you see Springwatch a few months ago when a guest presenter went along to a riverbank and picked up a few shrews and bank voles? It was fascinating, because he said the shrews would bite you (which they did!) but he said that bank voles were more docile and a bit like a pet hamster and were quite easy to handle, which I thought was nice. Really great article. x

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Yes I saw that on Springwatch, was nice to see a bit about small rodents for a change.
    And that daft mouse who JUMPED across the water!!!!! Amazing what they will do for some nuts!!! I love the intelligence of mice, they always amaze me. x