Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

This cage????

Hellooo all! Is this cage any good for mice and if so how many (girls) can live in it? http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/mouse_cages/40878 ???? Thank you!!!! :) :) :) <3

Comments

• superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    I've heard mixed things about it - it's a good size, and should be decent quality, but the access is a bit tricky with how it's set up, especially if your mice weren't too tame yet.  I'd also want to spray the wooden shelves with Plasticote or something similar to make them wipe-clean.  It does have a good number of doors, but the shelves are quite limiting.  I'd probably get rid of them and put in my own system of hammocks and the like, although you'd have to be careful not to have too many steep drops if your mice are a bit on the daft side. :P

I'd be more tempted by the Barney, which is very similar to my cage the Tilo (except it's a different colour with different accessories).  It's got a lovely big hatch in the roof which gives you access to the whole cage, and two useful doors at the front.  Again I'd want to spray the wooden accessories (or replace them with plastic), but it's definitely a cage that will give your mice a lot of freedom and happiness. :)

I think numbers really depend more on the personalities of the mouse group rather than space (although of course you want your cage to be a decent size!), but with either of those cages I'd definitely be happy with at least four or five girls/neutered boys in it. :)
  • PetaleafPetaleaf Lemming
    Thank you very much! This has helped a great deal. I was thinking about taking the shelves out too, they don't feel quite right. :) Thanks again! :D :) :)
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    No problem. :) I think you could do a lot with that cage, especially with younger more active mice.  An older group might not use the vertical space so much, and you'd want to be especially careful of falls.

Other positives are that the bar spacing's perfect for mice, and it's likely to be a cage that lasts you a good long while.
  • PetaleafPetaleaf Lemming
    :) Thank you :D ;P