Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

PLEASE HELP!

Hi. We have 5 male mice who are 9 months old & are all siblings. They are fighting & their fighting has become so bad that they are injuring each other, to the point where we have found blood in their cage. We have separated them as best we can, but we do not have room for them, especially as they are now struggling to get along. Does anyone know of any Rescue Centres in Portsmouth who could help to re-home them please? Thank you. Lisa.

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum.

You've done the right thing by separating them, as males mature they are prone to fighting and can even kill each other if left to their own devices. What are their current injuries? Are you keeping any of them or are you rehoming all five?

I don't know of any rescues in the Portsmouth area but you may have a local RSPCA that could help. The nearest mouse rescues I know of are in Bristol and Nottingham.

Unfortunately I don't think I have room to take on any more myself as I'm due to receive a little group of mice from Primrose Mouse Rescue later today but if any members on the forum can help, I might be in Wareham at the weekend so I could possibly help with transport back to the Buckinghamshire area.

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse

Just backing up what Ann said and even if you have to keep them in those clear storage bins as temporary caging, it`s better than them fighting. I`m up in Scotland so would be no help at all, but the RSPCA might be your best option. Just say you can`t keep them due to the separations and lack of caging/time. If they can`t help, I`m sure they would advise you or know of other ways to help, so do call them.

If you can keep them separated for now though, all well and good. Let us know how things are going? x