Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Mousey Tails

Hello all lovely peoples and meeces and other rodents, 

I've been away from this lovely forum for a while, a dear relative passed away suddenly and it's been quite a 'no internet' kind of month or two. But it's good to get back and read everything that is happening with you all.

I'll be scouring the forum and posting on all the other threads after I've finished starting this one...which i'll get to the point...is about my mice of course.

I've seen a few of their tails in the cage and I'm worried there could be something wrong with them. Part of some of the mice's tails are darker in colour. They look almost...dirty? Like there is dirt on their tail, only there isn't. I'm sure most healthy mouse tails are supposed to be nice and supple and pinky. And a few of mine still look like that, but a few are also mottled in colour. I hope I'm not just being paranoid, could there be a fungal infection or something like that? Is this normal? I'll see if I can get a decent picture and post it. 

Anyway, 

:x

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Georgia.

It does seem a bit odd that the tail thing is affecting more than one mouse, perhaps it is a fungal infection or mites if it doesn't look like just the normal pigmentation that you get with different coloured mice.

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Hi Baggy, great to see you back and condollences on your family loss recently, it`s always a difficult thing. As Ann said, sometimes mouse tails can have pigmentation, meaning, they can appear fleshy coloured and then have blotches of darker colouration. But a sure fire way to test for residue or dirt would be to take a cotton pad and wet it with warm water and gently wipe the tail with it and see if any dirt comes away? Mice usually pick up their tails and lick them clean, but if you suspect their tails are in need of a wash, then this gentles motion could tell you. x
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    How did you get on with this Georgia? Did you get to the bottom of this?