Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Hey :)

Hey everyone,
New to the forum and to having mice as pets. 
Got to say that they are so much more then I could have even imagined, the personality and quirks that they have are brill.

I have got two little girls about 2 days, which i'am leaving to settle in for a few days, but I will be uploading some pictures soon after they have settled in.

If anyone has any tips and tricks, let me know that would be brilliant.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Comments

• zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Welcome to the forum :) I'm glad that you found our little corner of the interweb :D

How are your girls settling in? I hope they are doing well :) I can't wait to see them :)

As for tips and ticks, if you have an idea as to what you are wanting information in it would help guide everyone in terms of giving you information :) The world of mice is pretty big, and we do like to talk about our mice so you might be there for a while if you don't give us a limit :P
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

Hi and welcome to the forum. I can't wait to hear all about your new little girls.

• CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Welcome to the forum! Good to see you over here :) Looking forward to pics, do they have names yet?
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
  • NoesberryNoesberry Lemming
    hey guys, thanks so much for all the welcomes.

I am wanting to train them to do tricks, but mainly pets :)

They don't have any names atm. ill be taking some pics in a mo :)
    I apologize for the bad Pics -.- i managed to break my iphone.

both settling well, very curious and had no problem coming onto my hand and walking up and down my arms.

imageimage
    Aww they are gorgeous :D They look like they are really happy in your company already :)

I've not really had any luck with teaching my mice tricks, other than to come back to me when I clicked my fingers or tapped them on a surface. I did that by giving them a big chunk of their favourite treat (for mine it's biscuits!!) as soon as they came back to me :) Some ended up getting to the stage they would jump in my hands as a result of doing that but not all.

Have you seen the Mouse Agility page on youtube? She does some great tutorials :)
    Thanked by 1Noesberry

That's brill, I hope to have that trust with mine that you have with yours lol. and I haven't. I shall look now though
    Here is her facebook page - she has videos on there and a link to her youtube page as well :)
    Thanked by 1Noesberry
    zany_toon said:

Here is her facebook page - she has videos on there and a link to her youtube page as well :)

thank you so much :)
    Noesberry said:

zany_toon said:

thank you so much :)
    Sorry!!! The link didn't attach and I hadn't noticed!!! Here you go this time: https://www.facebook.com/smartmice/?fref=ts
    thats brill, thank you :)
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Hi Noesberry, your girls are lovely and I have a soft spot for white mice! They are great little pets. Enjoy the forum, there are plenty of older threads for you to read too so you won`t be stuck for answers. x

Hi Noesberry, your girls are lovely and I have a soft spot for white mice! They are great little pets. Enjoy the forum, there are plenty of older threads for you to read too so you won`t be stuck for answers. x

Thank you, the white one is alittle bit shy.i am still going through some of the threads.

What are yours called?
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Your mice are soooooo cute! How lucky that they are already getting used to climbing on your hand.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Hello and welcome. Your mice are beautiful.
    I'm with the others, your mice are adorable :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
    thank you so much guys :)  i just need to think of names now >.<
    Noesberry said:

thank you so much guys :)  i just need to think of names now >.<

This probably won't help but thinking of names gets far, far easier with practice. I'm sure you'll find the right names in time :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
    Thanked by 1Noesberry
    ok so names have been picked :) the grey one is Pamplemoose and the other is Pomme.

just a question though. Pomme seems to have a lovey little shape around her tummy, not like a tumour, do you think there is a chance she could be pregnant? like the breeder may not have separated her fast enough from the boys?

also here is some more pics

aaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssd.jpg
    300 x 300 - 62K
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Love the names. Someone with more experience will be along to help you with Pommes tummy.
    hey, thank you, my nephew mentioned it. :)
    edited November 2015 Posts: 631
    The names are lovely :) Unusual too, and I love unusual names :)

As for pregnancy I guess it could be - it will get noticeable quickly if she is. They are pregnant for around 21 days and by the end of it they look like they have swallowed a golf ball. She might also be pulling out the fur around her nipples so you could perhaps check for that but I'm not sure how accurate that is - do you have a clear photo of her? It might be worth uploading it elsewhere and then using the direct link code to show it on the forum - doing it that way will give us a bigger picture to look at incase we might be able to tell that way. Once you have a direct code click on the little photograph icon along the comments box and paste the code here and your photo will show up with your comment.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 20
    zany_toon said:

The names are lovely :) Unusual too, and I love unusual names :)

As for pregnancy I guess it could be - it will get noticeable quickly if she is. They are pregnant for around 21 days and by the end of it they look like they have swallowed a golf ball. She might also be pulling out the fur around her nipples so you could perhaps check for that but I'm not sure how accurate that is - do you have a clear photo of her? It might be worth uploading it elsewhere and then using the direct link code to show it on the forum - doing it that way will give us a bigger picture to look at incase we might be able to tell that way. Once you have a direct code click on the little photograph icon along the comments box and paste the code here and your photo will show up with your comment.

hey thanks, i will get right on that now, you all are awesome btw :)
    Ii bet you haven't seen such bad pictures as these for years lol , i'm still trying to get a over head shot of her,

imageimageimage
    She does look a little round in the photos but it's hard to tell :( Some mice are just good at looking fat until a few days before they are due to give birth anyway!!
    Yeah she wouldn't stay still sorry lol, ill keep an eye on her and do a count down as well just in case. Thanks for all the help.