Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Loosing fur?

Hello all, my mouse Midnight (Who is also pregnant) has been loosing a patch of fur by her right hip. anyone know what could cause this? and some solutions?
Tagged:

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

I think you said she's living on her own now so I guess you can rule out over grooming by other mice. I wonder if she is pulling out fur to line a nest?

Other possibilities are mites causing her to scratch or a fungal infection but I'd be cautious of treating her at the moment while she's pregnant.

• Vanessa8mouseVanessa8mouse Lemming
    Yes, she is living on her own right now... all her cage mates passed from old age and she seems like she will be giving birth soon!
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    When was she last in with a male Vanessa? I know you said this is your first litter, so they are normally pregnant for around 21 days so that might help you work out how much longer you have to wait (and to plan in a last minute cage clean  :P )
    She was last with a male three weeks ago tomorrow
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    :-O OOOOOOOoooooo!!! Babies any day now :D :D Which would tie in with Ann saying she might be plucking herself to line her nest :D
    okay. i hope thats what it is