Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Considering producing some more sealpoint pups

Or more accurately, I am considering asking Basil and his wives if they might like to. Well, I know he will, the dirty little tyke.

I hope this is the right place to ask, but if anyone is interested in some pups, please pop your name on this thread.

Thanks,

Jon
Ask not what your rodent can do for you...

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

Your original girls would be getting a bit old wouldn't they Jon? I can't remember if you kept a daughter though - I thought the general opinion was that it wasn't good practice to breed from females over six months old.

I absolutely adore Siamese mice but I shall have to resist the urge at the moment.

• JonJon Lemming
    edited March 2016 Posts: 147
    Well, the chap I got these from found that his reached sexual maturity a little later than normal mice. Yes, it would be a gamble as the original batch is one year old now.

However, I have bred mice at that age before without issue. For some reason, these Siamese seem to be showing no signs of middle age that you usually get in pet shop mice at this age.
    Ask not what your rodent can do for you...