Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

I have "eepy sqeakies" :D

So I've been away from the forum for ages (a combination of redecorating my room, some hammy losses over the past 4 months and way more college work than any sane person can handle) but back in December after lots of research, I decided that 2016 would be the year I FINALLY took the plunge into hamster breeding. I've done lots of research, spoken to breeders etc and got my prefix registered with the NHC back in December.
After lots of planning I was very kindly loaned a beautiful male Dom Spot Chinese for 4 weeks to pair to my Dom Spot girl Acacia. It all went very well and Acacia was even sweet enough to not beat her boyfriend up too much when she wanted him out of her house. Fast-forward a couple of weeks (to 13th March) and the little Pear-With-Legs shaped Acacia came out looking her lean little self again and eating way more than I have ever seen a Chinesey eat.
Anyway, there are definitely pups (who I've nick-named eepy squeakies because they like telling their mummy off a lot when she stops them exploring). They're currently 11 days old and a couple are starting to wander out of the nest and are the cutest little balls of fur I have ever seen. I'm itching for their 14 day birthday and their eyes to open so I can steal lots of smooshes, give Acacia a well deserved cuddle and get lots of adorable pictures :)

Comments

• edited March 2016 Posts: 529
    You know I think its all fantastic (and exciting) :D Now we just need to wait a bit longer to find out what pups Acacia has given you... =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =)) >:D< =))
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
    Thanked by 1GhostsInSnow
  • GhostsInSnowGhostsInSnow Lemming
    ^Best reply ever :D

• KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    *Screams*

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BABEH HAMMIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

MUST. 

SEE.

PHOTOS.

(When they're old enough obvs.)

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Thanked by 1GhostsInSnow
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Ooohhh can't wait to see some photos
    Thanked by 1GhostsInSnow
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,243
    Congratulations GIS and welcome back to the forum. Very happy for you on your first attempt with Chinese, they are just wonderful little creatures. x
    Thanked by 1GhostsInSnow
  • GhostsInSnowGhostsInSnow Lemming
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10
    Thanks everyone :) I've attached a picture so hopefully it works
    Their eyes opened on Saturday but I was away collecting my WW boy from a breeding holiday so they were in the capable hands of my sister who was instructed to just do food and water and not touch them under any circumstances. I got a text on the evening saying their eyes had opened so naturally, as soon as I got home on Sunday, I had my first cuddles and smooshes :D Mumma ham (Acacia) has had lots of well deserved cuddles and has done fantastically considering it's her first litter and has given me the best first experience of breeding that I could've hoped for.
    Also, as you'll see from the picture, she has given me a very special little girl pup who will be staying here to continue my lines and hopefully produce more special pups ;)

I'm absolutely smitten with them though. 2 of them (the dom spot and one of the normals) are off to the lovely breeder who loaned me the dad and the other 2 are staying with me
    2016-03-27 14.14.03.jpg
    2938 x 1810 - 770K

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Adorable!
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    awww cuuuute

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    You would have to have a white one in the group!!! :\"> Well done with them GIS, a lovely outcome, they are beautiful. x
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    :\"> Beautiful
  • JonJon Lemming
    Awwwww! Fluffballs!
    Ask not what your rodent can do for you...