Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Syrian Hamster nesting in wheel.

I have a young Syrian Hamster who's home is quite a large Rotastak combination.

She has a enclosed box for her bed and wheel .. but she has decided not to use her bed and instead nest, sleep, pouch her food in the wheel.

If I remove the material she nests again..
Hamsters need and enjoy a long nocturnal run in the wheel .. but what am I to do if she decides not to run but to use the wherl as a bed instead?

Comments

• MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Is there room for you to add a second wheel perhaps? Maybe you could try her with a flying saucer type wheel instead, as she won't really be able to nest on that?

I think I'd just let her nest on the wheel though, if that's where she enjoys nesting, let her get on with it X(
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I think I'd do as MouseLover suggests and let her nest wherever she chooses. What type of wheel does she have?
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Leave her too it I say! Lol

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

• yoonicornyoonicorn Lemming
    The rotastak wheels tend to be quite small, so she may not be running on it if it isn't comfortable for her. Maybe try a bigger one?
  • Meece17Meece17 Lemming
    have you tried cleaning the wheel super well? Maybe you could put her old nesting material in a hut so she would smell herself there and think that was home;) my past hammy did this once but it didn't continue.
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Is this the Rotastak wheel that attachs to a module or one that standards alone? I think Yoonicorn has it, if its the one that attaches to a module it will be too small for her once she has grown up.
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk