Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Prince needs a BIGGER CAGE!?

KawaiiKawaii Lemming
edited May 2016 in Cages and Environmentals
Any ideas were I could find something bigger than 120x50 cm ....? :-(
I know this is unfortunately a long shot but worth a try, he's insane!! :O

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Comments

• MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    I think the biggest cage I've come across is 100 x 60, which is the same footprint as yours (6,000) :( Not saying bigger cages aren't out there, but I've not seen any. I've seen rabbit/guinea pig cages that are basically double that size, but over two floors (basically one cage stacked on top of another, with a connecting ramp).

Another option would be to get a second cage and connect the two somehow, or to get a taller cage and add more floors (though it depends how much of a climber he is).
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Skyline Nagarium Marrakesh is a tank of 40 x 47 x 96 cm.  So not as long but may have more height?
    Nicely made, the 2 short sides are wood, the floor and 2 long sides glass which can come out for cleaning.  Lid is hinged along long side and is metal mesh (tiny holes). 
    The old Detolf from Ikea is 43x37x163.  Would need to make a suitable roof (I got some MDF ,drilled multiple holes in it for air and screwed on handles), bit of a long job cleaning it (and filling it).  Of course you might absolutely want a cage not a tank, in which case ignore!
    HWHome8.8.JPG
    519 x 388 - 110K
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • yoonicornyoonicorn Lemming
    The only one I can think of that is designed for small furries is this rather expensive one:
    You can also get some extra large vivariums but they're usually made of wood and the circulation isn't generally that great, so that might involve some DIY? (eg, http://www.provivs.co.uk/240cm-x-60cm-x-60cm--96x24x24-flat-packed-vivarium-8ft-1248-p.asp)
    If you're okay at DIY, you might be also able to do one of those shelf hacks. You could probably attach multiple ones together if they're wooden.
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Hmm Yoonicorn that gives me an idea.... I have a four foot hutch "Guinea pig hutch" that I don't use that I could maybe attach to his current cage somehow. Ooh that would actually be pretty useful so the silly little hutch wouldn't be getting in the way so much anymore. Or at least it would be being useful whilst it was getting in the way, lol. Just need to figure out a way to do it, Prince's way too big for rotastak tubes unfortunately. But he's just so unbelievably hyper!

(chins for the win!)

• KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Sarahnash, I need a cage really, so he can climb and for ventilation; my room is either very very cold or very very hot, unfortunately, and after one heatstroke scare already this year I am sticking with cages! And in winter I think it would be dangerous having a tank, as I need to be able to circulate hot air to everyone easily. Especially as hamsters go into torpor at 15c and it got down to about 16 this year in my room in the day.

(chins for the win!)

• SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Fair enough. Sounds a good plan with the hutch, he won't know himself with all that space!
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini