Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

The best taming thing ever.

The two new girls,Molly and Lupin (a bit of a boys name I know lol) have really settled in well with Lilly and Hocus and I have been talking to them and putting my hand in their cage everyday. Lupin is very shy but molly will sit at the bars and sniff when I talk,only running off when I open the cage so today I thought I would try malt paste as in the past with the other mice this has proved the way to their harts.Well once again malt paste has worked its magic! I put it on a small dog biscuit and once molly had tried it she followed my hand all over the cage to get some even putting her paws on my hand to get my attention. Lilly took some time to even try it, eventually I held the biscuit with it on in the entrance of the hidey where she was and she was soon out and eating it.

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    That should have read Lupin not Lilly lol
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Sounds like it's going well, congrats. I still have some girls who run away from me and I've had them since Christmas!    So are these the 'Potter' girls? I love names and guessing where they've come from.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    If they're Potter names, maybe Lupin should have been Luna ;) Just kidding, Lupin sounds pretty unisex to me!

I've never heard of malt paste, but sounds like a good idea to me :) Sometimes I think being among tamer mice also helps new mice warm up to you, but maybe I'm just imagining things X(
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Yes I should refer to them as the potter girls lol. And I did think of Luna but thought that should be an all white mouses name so I am saving it for a future girl.x
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    I agree MouseLover - I have one incredibly tame (Alex) I affectionately refer to as my Yuda goat (Pratchett reference) - based on the Judas Goat.    I can use Alex as my 'foil' to calm the more timid girls, they copy and follow her.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • Meece17Meece17 Lemming
    I've been reading about malt paste everywhere but can figure out what it is! Is it only in the UK?
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I'm not sure if its just the UK. Its made for ferrets if that's any help.
  • Meece17Meece17 Lemming
    That does help thanks!