Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

sleeping in tubes?

3 out of 5 of my new girls have been sleeping inside the tube that connects the top and bottom bins of their home together. This tube is vertical so they are basically sitting on each others heads to do this. Why? This is the only tube in the cage, they have a bunch of other hides they could also be using. The other 2 are curled together in a plastic igloo looking far more comfortable than the tube girls. Should I add more tubes so they at least aren't stacked together? Also so that the others can get by to go upstairs of they want instead of being blocked by 3 mouse butts?
20160514_190233~2.jpg
981 x 1771 - 236K

Comments

• MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Sorry, but this made me laugh X( mice are so strange sometimes, who knows why they do half the things they do. How the hell can they even sleep like that?! X(

My only guess would be that because the tubes are narrow, they feel very safe and protected in them. I like your idea, try adding another tube on the floor of the cage, they might decide to sleep in that instead. As long as they're happy, right? X(
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • HarlequinnHarlequinn Lemming
    After Selena decided to join the tube party I gently disconnected it and laid it down until they came out and then replaced it With a ladder, and am working on building a staircase to the top instead. If it wasn't so warm out lately I wouldn't worry but I'm concerned about one of them suffocating all crammed in. Their very cute but tend to worry haha.
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Fair enough, better safe than sorry :) silly meecers haha.
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • HarlequinnHarlequinn Lemming
    I might put them back in if the stairs prove to be unacceptable to the already spoiled little ones haha They got a new play structure last night as well as the stairs/hidey hole structure. Now Selena and Kyle are sleeping together upstairs while Harley, Sneak, and Khaleesi mouse pile in the igloo downstairs hehehe.