Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

House hams

Okay. So as I speak prince is running free in my room for his playtime, seeing as the previous arrangement using the cage roof apparently weren't satisfactory.

He is really loving it!.... And that could me thinking would it be possible to have a 'house' hamster? Like a house rabbit, but a hamster. Lol. And it would probably not be a while house just a room or two.

If I didn't have guinea pigs and rabbits I might consider it myself. But the g- pigs are terrified of Prince, they run away from him!

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Comments

• MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    It's a nice idea but I wouldn't risk it. Much easier to step on a hamster than a guinea pig  :-O
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I agree with mouse Lover ,it seems a nice idea but the risks would be too high.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    I would say supervised, secure  room runs are fine, but not allowing total freedom as he would possibly chew the skirting boards or try to find an escape route and if you lost him you would be distraught. I used to fence off my hall landing when I had gerbils and allow them to have fun racing around while I sat on the floor with them. But would never trust a small rodent not to figure out a heist!