Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

New Hamster!

I am so excited! I have a new hamster :D

He's a 7 week old, sapphire winter white, russian dwarf hamster :D I got a pedigree with him going back to his great great great grandparents, which is really cool. He's so beautiful! I can't believe how fat he looks, compared to my mice X( he just looks like a little round ball of fur!

I didn't want to bother him, but couldn't resist taking a quick picture when I put him in his cage. I need help thinking of a name though :P
(not sure how to resize pictures, so sorry it's a little big)

Hamster: Archie
Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Good grief he's beautiful :\"> Congratulations on him. What kind of names do you usely go for? This could give me a clue to think of some.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    He`s a gorgeous! Names usually come to me as I observe them scooting about and I usually come up with a name off the top of my head! I`m sure that`s what will happen soon. x
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Congratulations, he looks fab. Winter White reminds me of a James Bond movie (sorry) where there was a character called Willard Whyte. What about Willard? Are you going to breed from him and continue the line?
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    edited June 2016 Posts: 188
    As he's my first ever hamster, I don't think it would be wise for me to breed. I wouldn't know what I'm doing lol. But he has other brothers/sisters who are continuing the line :)

I'm considering Ivor right now... hmmm...
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NuttySianNuttySian Mouse
    Awwww he's adorable! Where did you get him?
    I found a breeder on preloved (a bit like gumtree) who breeds for show, situated in Gloucester :)
  • NuttySianNuttySian Mouse
    That's great :) I wonder if he shares any relatives with ours (it happens quite a bit as the Dads get around X( ).

Haha yeah I know preloved, it's habit for me to check both sites daily :-*
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Looks like a better bred version of Princess Jane. He's stunning! <3

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Cheers :) I need to get more pictures of him, he's such a stunner <3