Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Where do you get your mice?

I had been in contact with a mouse breeder and was planning to get some mice from her this month. Unfortunately she seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, and isn't responding to my messages any more, for about 3 weeks. So it seems as if my plans to get new mice have fallen through.

There seems to be a distinct lack of mice in my area right now. I need some young girlies as there is quite an age gap between my two right now (18 months and 4 months old!) and Violet will need some friends who will (hopefully) be around for the rest of her life, as realistically Honey probably has about 6 months left (as mice rarely live much past 2 years).

I'm just wondering - where do you guys usually get your mice from? No one happens to know any mouse breeders in the south west do they?
Hamster: Archie
Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Have you tried Mickelmarsh Mouse Rescue in Bristol? http://mickelmarsh.webs.com/ I don't know of any breeders in the area unfortunately but you could try the breeders forum or maybe one of the websites like Preloved or Gumtree.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    MouseLover, I am in Weston super Mare and know of a good breeder here I can let you have details. She is a lover of animals, doesn't cull males or sell to the pet trade. I know she has/has kept mice, guineapigs, rabbits, rats, hedgehogs and multimamates and has been breeding for a business approx 8 years. I got all my girls from her. I can post details somewhere if you want?
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley.
    Never forgotten fancy girl mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex, wild mice Harry Houdini and Little Wills
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Sarahnash thanks, you could PM me the details? I got some mice years ago from someone in weston, but I'm silly and forget to keep details so it could even be the same person.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
    I PM'd you. Once I worked out what it meant and how :)
    Never forgotten fancy girl mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex, wild mice Harry Houdini and Little Wills
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    lol sorry, didn't mean to be confusing :P thanks very much, I'll see if she has any mice for sale!
    No it's just my lack of social media knowledge and terminology!