Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Organization ideas

Anyone want share what they keep there rodent supplies in? Pictures please? I'm having a hard time keeping all my stuff organized!

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I'm not very organised, I've got cages and accessories crammed into wardrobes and another huge plastic tub full of accessories. Then I have one huge tub full of food and a small tub of food which I actually fill the mouse bowl from. Oh, then there are small plastic tubs full of treats and a tub full of medicine/first aid.
  • SummergirlSummergirl Lemming
    Tubs are about it. I have two tubs that my mice live in, connected by a tunnel from one to the other. (I now have four mice). In another tub I keep all the houses, bridges, toys, climbing things that I have made to use at cage cleaning. In a basket, I keep the popsicle sticks, Jenga blocks, scissors, glue, cut-up boxes, etc. that I use to make their things. In a large cracker tin, I keep their seed type food. I have a large bag that I keep their many wheels, so there's always clean ones each morning while I wash the used ones. The fresh food is in the refrigerator in a large divider container with tiny containers of the chopped veggies, boiled eggs, baby food chicken, and banana bread. I replace every day or two with fresh. Am I organized?? Will love to hear your ideas.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I tend to use fabric storage tubs for toys etc.And I have a set of plastic drawers which I keep egg boxes and cardboard boxes etc. Food is kept in plastic food containers.
    IMG_20160704_145842.jpg
    912 x 1600 - 583K
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Have often thought about using those plastic boxes with multiple compartments to keep treats in. For now they're just in resealable plastic bags. Their toys are in cute plastic storage boxes with owls on them... though now that I think about it, the mice might not appreciate my choice in animal X(
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Tubs, shelves and cupboards for me. The Really Useful plastic box range is....really useful.

image.jpg
    2592 x 1148 - 792K
    image.jpg
    2568 x 1043 - 657K
    image.jpg
    2461 x 1650 - 840K
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
    And fresh food in the fridge, not organised enough to make it ready for their meals, just cut it up as I need.
    Today is a few pieces of sweetcorn off a cob, chopped baby courgette, brocoli and pea pods. It makes us eat better also as we have what they don't want ha ha.
    PS sorry the photos duplicated not sure what I did wrong there.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
    Wowzers that's a lot of mouse stuff :) lucky mice! What's the little grey castle thing in the middle? Looks cute!
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
    Got that idea from Aud Fischer the mouse lady in Canada - Creek Valley Critters on YouTube. It is a children's castle-esque dolls house. I plasticoted it hugely before use (yawn). It opens up 180 degrees and there are lots of delicious little stairs and rooms they can be mousey in. Melissa & Doug is the make. Used for 3 days and then found Little Kate on the Tuesday morning :( :(
    Haven't used it since. May re visit in a different orientation.
    Yeah I've seen Creek Valley Critters before :) That's a nice little castle, I'm sure my mice would like something like that. There's also a cardboard castle thing for pets on amazon that I've considered getting, but I wonder how long it would last!

Sorry if the castle reminds you of bad times with little Kate :(
    Yes they would. I would!
    I have used the cardboard castle also - they love it but of course gets wee'd on. I made it last by trimming when required and frequent airings :)
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Lol, I just put stuff wherever rabbits/cats/ect. cannot chew/destroy it. So it's all over the place.

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Does my entire flat count as an answer? :P We are meant to be tidying it so the tidied stuff is in storage boxes, but we've got pet stuff in most rooms when you look for it lol
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)