Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Hi, I'm new to this forum but hope someone can help? I am looking for some female mice but I stay in Scotland and can't seem to find a breeder up here. I was in contact with someone and waited weeks for babies but now he's not getting back to me. Anyway, I hope someone can maybe help me? I love mice and have a good home waiting!! Thanks.

• MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Hi Niknak, welcome to the forum :)

Where abouts in Scotland are you? Have you tried looking on any websites like preloved, pets4homes or gumtree?

You could try asking around on but to be honest I tried that and didn't get an answer haha. I know how hard it can be to find mice sometimes, but keep looking and I'm sure you'll find some eventually. Good luck!
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NiknakNiknak Lemming
    Hi mouselover, thanks so much for the response! I am in st.andrews,Fife. I have also tried fancymicebreeders but had no response and have been looking on gumtree etc but have had no luck. I will persevere and hopefully will get my girls soon? Cheers.
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Hi Niknak - did you have any luck? I know of two in Scotland but neither are that close to you I'm afraid. One is in Port Glasgow and she mainly breeds for snake food :( Her mice are lovely though, but she had mice sitting out in plastic tubs when I went in (live ones) that she was about to euthanise and made it clear that a lot of the ones I was looking at were about to be euthanised as well if I didn't take them :( There is another in Glenrothes - he is on facebook under the name of Ruby Rats but he will interrogate you beforehand to see if he thinks you are the type of owner he wants his mice to go to. He really is lovely if you get past his interrogation though - he takes in rescues and breeds rats as well, and he doesn't often have litters. It's maybe worth tying his facebook page (I think you have to friend him first :) )

I hope that helped a bit. Connor (Ruby Rats) would be the one I would recommend if you are able to speak to him. All his mice are lovely and extremely cuddly :) He has been very quiet lately though, so I'm not sure if something is going on.