Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Lilly's back.

Last night I noticed Lilly had small red tiny sores on her back and her hair looks thinner. None of the others have got this and I haven't seen any fighting. Lilly is about one now.Apart from the sores, which are quite red she seems happy in herself and is playing and eating. Any ideas anyone? And should I put anything on them or just leave them and keep an eye on it?

Comments

• KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Have you changed their bedding recently? Could it be an allergy that's only just  become apparent?  
    What substrate do you use?

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Is she scratching any more than usual? Might be worth doing a mite treatment if you haven't done one for a while.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Kawaii said:

Have you changed their bedding recently? Could it be an allergy that's only just  become apparent?  

What substrate do you use?

No the bedding is the same as always and no food stuff has changed.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    AnnB said:

Is she scratching any more than usual? Might be worth doing a mite treatment if you haven't done one for a while.

yes I think I will. Which one would you recommend Ann?
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I used to swear by Xeno50-mini spot on treatment but I got a bit paranoid about using it after some of my mice seemed to develop OCD scratching when I'd used the Xeno on them a number of times. Recently I've just been using a Diatomaceous Earth powder that you can get in pet shops (usually marketed for use on poultry).
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thank you Ann I will give it a try.