Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Looking like Velcro too

Within mere days of her sister, it looks like Velcro may also check out. Two or three days back, she was looking great. Now she looks geriatric and wobbly and there's that curious narrowing around the hips that mice quite often get - what is that caused by, bone degradation? A stroke?

Anyway, that leaves Basil of those original three. I hope to God he lasts a bit longer. He's my main pal in that cage.
Ask not what your rodent can do for you...

• JonJon Lemming
    edited August 2016 Posts: 147
    Bugger it. She's now died too. Was lurching all over the place and refusing water, so putting her to sleep was the only kind thing I could do.

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    :(  Really sad Jon, I hope Basil is okay. He will miss his ladies no doubt. Any joy finding some newbies? I`m sure that would help Basil with any loneliness, but obviously, we have no idea how mice grieve or cope without their pals. Poor Velcro, rest in peace little one. x
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    So sorry you lost Velcro x
  • JonJon Lemming
    Basil's still looking good and he's in with his daughter Dusty. He's infertile these days so she's not in much danger. I don't think he was particularly a good progenitor to begin with. But that's not why I love him.

I have had some contact with a mousery in Cheshire - Little Bud Mousery. I'm going to get some blues and Sealpoints if they succeed in their current run.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Sorry to hear that Jon. Goodnight little girl.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Sorry for your loss :( I hope you and Basil find comfort in each other!

Some blues and sealpoints would be lovely. I wish I lived near Cheshire :)
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • JonJon Lemming
    Thank you everyone, so kind of you.

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    I really miss my mad little mice and kept them for over ten years and there is nothing like it. Anyone who hasn`t kept mice as pets or even understands why people want to, are missing out. I reluctantly decided to only keep a single dwarf hamster due to health problems and Maisy my little white female was the last mouse I had. I think about my meeces all the time and what they meant to me when they were her. If my life was my own to control, I would have more mice again without question.
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    :( I'm sorry for your loss Jon :( One loss is hard enough, but it's even worse when you have a few one after the other :(