Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Rescue litter

Local lady was trying to find homes for some pregnant mice and with the rescue side up and running again, I was able to step in. Two girls, Pick and Mix, came to me at only 7 weeks old and already very pregnant. Two days after arrival I heard eeping!

Pleased to report the mums are doing brilliantly, they are rather jumpy but settling down well. Had a brief check of genders and looking boy-heavy at the moment - there are 14 of them, all will be looking for homes once old enough. I thought I'd start a thread for pics :)

crittery.co.uk
Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
Tagged:

Comments

• MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Crittery - I am the lady who commented on the facebook post (Alex). Would gladly take a few girls.

Anyway, they're adorable, so keep the pics coming :)
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Glad you were able to step in and give them a great start Crittery, they are gorgeous little fuzzies. Can`t wait to see more pics as they grow. x
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord

Crittery - I am the lady who commented on the facebook post (Alex). Would gladly take a few girls.

Anyway, they're adorable, so keep the pics coming :)

Will do!

And cool, will keep you informed :)
    crittery.co.uk

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Good grief they are beautiful . Glad they are all doing well.
    First check thought 3 girls tonights check suggest 6. That is looking a bit better! So wriggly.
    crittery.co.uk

• zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    :x :x :x :x Awww they are gorgeous!!! I love the tiny little cutie at the top of the mouse pile :x :x :x
    zany_toon - me tooooo! The one at the top of the pile, and the pale one on the left... so basically the one's who's faces I can see :P What can I say? I love a sleepy mouse pup face.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NuttySianNuttySian Mouse
    :\"> :\"> Hello little bubbas!
    edited September 2016 Posts: 268
    From Tuesday's check :)

I'm so relieved about the colours, there are actually quite a few shades in there so should be able to tell most apart!

crittery.co.uk

edited September 2016 Posts: 268
    Also don't be fooled by the copyright, I'm aware these aren't the best pics! I get a lot of image theft so it's a useful deterrent you see. Mostly the dormice ones really but I've got in the habit.

Need to spend more time with my camera - I'm not doing it justice...

crittery.co.uk

Adorable! The little white one looks the odd mouse out though haha, aaw.
    We have eyes!! as of yesterday, 'Blinky' the brown girl was the first but she's wide eyed now and quite a few others have followed suit. Way more exploring going on <3
    crittery.co.uk

Blinky! How adorable! Exciting times :)
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    The fun really starts now lol.
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Awwwweeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Babba meece!!!!!! <3 <3 

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

How are things Crittery? Any update on the little ones? Hope all is well!
    Been out the country this week, meant to update before. All doing well and separating tomorrow:)
    crittery.co.uk

Photos!!

BOYS

<3

All looking for homes currently. Very cheeky boys, curious and lovely and were 4 weeks old on the 20th. Would love to see these boys with homes, though they do need to live alone or with multimammate company as most of you know.

I do have Crittery rescue funds to cover a couple of neuters, which I'm happy to chat with a vet about with the exception of the two smaller boys (photo 4 and 6 I believe) - if that helps sway any of you ;)
    crittery.co.uk

GIRLS (photo 1,2, 3 reserved):

These are a little calmer than the boys, although they all need a bit of work with handling given their origin. They are settling well though. Photos 1,2 and 3 are reserved, as are the mums Pick and Mix, rest all looking!

I'm based in Oxfordshire but can help a bit with travel. I've got a visit to Bristol planned to see MouseLover for instance :)
    crittery.co.uk

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Oh my gosh they are lovely. I love boy number 2.wish I was near you.
    They are lovely indeed, wish I had more room so I could take boys too. But am looking forward to having some more girlies :D
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I didn't want to say anything in case you didn't want to go down the neutering route but now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to have a couple of neutered boys if that's a possibility? I'm happy to cover costs (up to about £40 per mouse).

AnnB said:

I didn't want to say anything in case you didn't want to go down the neutering route but now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to have a couple of neutered boys if that's a possibility? I'm happy to cover costs (up to about £40 per mouse).

Absolutely Ann, that would be fantastic :) I need to read up a bit more as I've not done this myself before, I've always adopted them already neutered. I'm in the process of changing vets anyhow so need to get quotes etc!

I haven't weighed the boys yet, there are two I suspect are too small but the rest are big and healthy. Did you have any preference on which two?
    crittery.co.uk

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    edited September 2016 Posts: 934

They're all adorable but numbers two and five are especially adorable if you think they are healthy and strong enough for the op.

See how you get on with enquiries at your local vets but if no joy there, I wonder if you might be able to negotiate "rescue" rates at my vets. Malcolm Paul has neutered nine mice for me. Oh and last time I saw him, he was looking for some more female mice (if there are any mums/girls left).

Good choice AnnB, boy #5 is my favourite  :P so scruffy and cute!
    Thanks Ann, will let you know how I get on. 5 is definitely big enough, 2 should be alright too :)

(5 is my favourite, he's rather keen to play!)

crittery.co.uk

My three have had a great first day here. Everyone seems so full of beans and very excited. I caught two of them taking a nap on their wooden swing, so I think I'll have to make these girls a hammock as a matter of urgency ;)
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Glad they are settling in MouseLover :D
  • NuttySianNuttySian Mouse
    My girls, and their mummas are also settling in. Although I think full of beans is an understatement  X( X(
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Great news. So is that all the girls with homes now?